Clutch and gearbox noises

YBR1

Hi folks

I have a 63 plate citigo se 60ps greentech and am hoping you can help me with a couple of problems as follows:  The dreaded rattle from the gearbox in 5th gear at 200rpm that disappears at 2500 rpm, I know that this has been done to death on various forums but has anyone any idea if Skoda are looking into this.  When the weather temperature is warm outside the noise seems to be quiter and disappears at lower revs - 2000 rpm.  It seems that it could be the oil viscosity that could be causing this as when the oil is hotter the noise isn't as bad.  I would have thought the tech guys at VW/Skoda would have sorted this issue by now even if it was a matter of fitting metal sound deadoning pads to the gearbox case. 

My second issue is the clutch.  From new the clutch has had a 'growling' noise to it.  This is apparent when the car is stationary and the clutch pedal fully depressed.  If you then rev the engine this noise is apparent - found it by accident even though I don't make a habit of doing this.  i had a vibration through the clutch pedal when changing gear and the dealer fitted a new clutch last week which cured that particular problem.  Apparantly one of the diaphragm fingers was out of line.  I was hoping that by fitting a new clutch that this would also cure the growling 'Grrr Grrr' noise but it hasn't.

Do other owners suffer with these noises particular noises and if so, what are their take on this.

Regards

YBR1

My second issue is the clutch.  From new the clutch has had a 'growling' noise to it.  This is apparent when the car is stationary and the clutch pedal fully depressed.  If you then rev the engine this noise is apparent - found it by accident even though I don't make a habit of doing this.  i had a vibration through the clutch pedal when changing gear and the dealer fitted a new clutch last week which cured that particular problem.  Apparantly one of the diaphragm fingers was out of line.  I was hoping that by fitting a new clutch that this would also cure the growling 'Grrr Grrr' noise but it hasn't.

^^ Seems i've got that too. When i fully depress the clutch, i feel some knocking in my foot when i rev up. I've just got it... rargh.

Won't go past 4k RPM when on parking, too.

^^ Seems i've got that too. When i fully depress the clutch, i feel some knocking in my foot when i rev up. I've just got it... rargh.

Won't go past 4k RPM when on parking, too.

That's a safety feature that you can't rev it past 4K when stationary.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Mine also makes this chattering noise and I reported it at it's 1st service. They told me that it's a characteristic of the gearbox. It's also known on the UP Forum too and VW say the same.

Sent from my IPhone 5 using Tapatalk.