slight juddering at 1250 - 1500 rpm

My 2011 Vrs TDI dSg has recently been juddering slightly whilst driving in the 1250-1500 rpm area. Normally at a constant speed in 4th or 5th gear. Feels more like an engine issue as opposed to gearbox issu, or could it just be bad batch of fuel? Anyone any ideas please? Cheers

i dont know alot about diesels but it could be that cleaning/burning off thing thay all seem to do these days o think its something to do with a dust particle filter ??? that would be my guess and i mean GUESS

:)  

Could be anything really.

Hard to tell unless you get any code stored on VCDS.

It could be something to do with the DPF ( diesel particular filter ) or maybe the EGR. But being a CR and '11 plate both seem very unlikely.

Have you had it mapped recently? Is it due a new fuel filter?

Sorry to not be of more help.

Edited by T555VRS

• 2 weeks later...

I would probably say EGR valve sticking, as I have a 2008 PD170 VRS and had the same issue in a similar rev range 1,500 to 2,000rpm at a steady speed, with a slight judder.  Had happened shortly after the car got serviced by the dealer. Mine is 60,000 miles.  It was doing that for some 3 weeks, even after long motorway driving, so know it wasn't a DPF issue.  It's smooth accelerating over 2,000rpm.

I had decided to give it a thrashing and accelerated hard to the red line and the judder started during the acceleration.  Once it got to 3,000rpm, it really spluttered noticeably and a slight pop from the engine, then continued to accelerate hard to the red line.  After that, it has been smooth in that rev range now....