Vicious Car Wash

4 sponges for a quid at Asda. I've bought a stock of them and use a new one everytime I wash the car. @25p it's not going to break the bank and minimise the scratching effect.

From above post

initially there may not seem to be any problem with this until you consider the alternatives that are available and then ask why would there be any alternatives if a sponge was sufficient.

But there are plenty of chancers on Dragons Den pitching solutions for problems that don't exist.

Don't get me wrong. A properly cleaned car can look amazing - but for how long?

I just want a matte finish with a Teflon/PTFE coating that doesn't chip. By the time its developed I'll be too old to drive.

• Like 2

But there are plenty of chancers on Dragons Den pitching solutions for problems that don't exist.

Don't get me wrong. A properly cleaned car can look amazing - but for how long?

I just want a matte finish with a Teflon/PTFE coating that doesn't chip. By the time its developed I'll be too old to drive.

I'm afraid the problem well and truly exists!!

For how long?.....That depends...To keep it looking good indefinitely is entirely possible with the right equipment and products

My car is nearly 4.5 years old and still looks new

There is a matt coating available that promises just this. Its called vinyl wrap...Also some ceramic sealers  offer good scratch resistance, but not with regular use of the wrong products...like a sponge for example

4 sponges for a quid at Asda. I've bought a stock of them and use a new one everytime I wash the car. @25p it's not going to break the bank and minimise the scratching effect.

I use a dooka wash pad and at £20 its fairly pricey

BUT

After using it for 2 years, its still in good condition and must have been used a hundred times!!

How many sponges is that....2500? :giggle:

Good luck with your car washing :kiss:

I use a dooka wash pad and at £20 its fairly pricey

BUT

After using it for 2 years, its still in good condition and must have been used a hundred times!!

How many sponges is that....2500? :giggle:

Good luck with your car washing :kiss:

Yes I get the message, you've already quoted me.

I am merely suggesting that if you use a new sponge everytime you wash your car it can at least minimise the scratching effect.

Your method of washing/polishing is by no way a waste of  money, did I ever say that, you seem to think it's what I'm implying.

Infact I have been considering getting the help of a detailer to do my other car as he has the experience and equipement for the job. It has a good deal of swirling/scratching in the paint from a previous owners washing/polishing methods. The Skoda I have is looking as good as the day it left the production line, I'm happy with it but I will get the guy to look over it when I eventually get the other car done.

Yes I get the message, you've already quoted me.

I am merely suggesting that if you use a new sponge everytime you wash your car it can at least minimise the scratching effect.

Your method of washing/polishing is by no way a waste of  money, did I ever say that, you seem to think it's what I'm implying.

Infact I have been considering getting the help of a detailer to do my other car as he has the experience and equipement for the job. It has a good deal of swirling/scratching in the paint from a previous owners washing/polishing methods. The Skoda I have is looking as good as the day it left the production line, I'm happy with it but I will get the guy to look over it when I eventually get the other car done.

Good luck Mick

2 hours drive to me as an alternative...Just an idea