Radiator/Air Con

Hi,

Can somebody please tell me the order of the air con compressor and radiator is please?

Does the air con have a seperate radiator to the main radiator?

Cheers

What order are they Kev? I believe there are 3 units? Compressor at the front followed by?

And sorry for my poor question, its still early ;-)

Edited by motr

From the front      1/   air con condenser,    2/  air cooler   (turbo intercooler)   for cooling the turbo charged  air to the engine,       3/   radiator for cooling coolant.

Thanks for that erindad.

I am not very gifted when it comes to cars, but does the air cooler have anything to do with the air con, or is it just the front air con condenser?

As said above 'air cooler   (turbo intercooler)   for cooling the turbo charged  air to the engine'. So no, nothing to do with the air conditioning system.

As said above 'air cooler   (turbo intercooler)   for cooling the turbo charged  air to the engine'. So no, nothing to do with the air conditioning system.

That's great, exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers.

Does the air cooler leak water if there is a hole in it? Also, what effect would this have on the car and would any lights flash up on the dash to indicate a leak or a problem?

The reason I am asking is that I am heading for a dispute with a dealer.

Edited by motr

On the 1.6 FSI you'll have the air con condensor at the front and behind that the coolant radiator.

Neither system mixes with each other.

If you've got a water leak, usually of a pink coloured water, it could be from the coolant radiator.

You're not going to see any fluid leaking out of the air con condensor.

Neither being faulty will bring a light up on the dash, unless all the coolant has leaked out and dropped below the minimum level. The low coolant warning light ( a red thermometer) would be shown at that point.

Hope that helps?

• Like 1