Guide! How to fix ESP problem

This is a guide to fix your ESP light on after 10 minutes problem.

I did this on a 1.9tdi I guess its the same on other engines as well but I'm not 100% sure. Anyways.

I just had this problem. The ESP light comes on after exactly 10 minutes of driving/engine on. I fixed it in less than 10 minutes and so can you!

It is most likely that it is due to a broken cable. It seems to be a very common cause.

Here is a simple guide how to fix it!

What you need:

A clipper to cut and remove isolation on cables.

Cable of choice aprox 10-15cm long. (2 leaders)

Something to connect the cabled with (see picture. I don't know the english word)

Some isolating tape.

Step 1.

Get under the car and remove the plastic protection cover under the radiator/engine.

step 2.

Locate the broken cable. It is located behind the lower part of the radiator. See pic 1.

step 3.

Remove the connector if the cable ends sticking out are too short to get the new extending cable attached. I had to cut the connector of.

Step 4.

Get your extension cables and connect the cables according to colour. Then make sure the cables are isolated with tape.

step 5.

put the plastic undertray back and you are done!:)

I had a bit of struggle to get a hold of anyone knowing what the problem might be so i hope this was useful! :)

post-117697-0-36186100-1403083909_thumb.jpg

post-117697-0-73520200-1403083950_thumb.jpg

post-117697-0-99435900-1403083968_thumb.jpg

• Like 1