Fabia VRS (2014) Gigaro Wheel Paint Code

How do all. Somehow managed to take the paint off (stone chip I think) one of my wheels (5p size). I have read through some of the previous threads about the paint code but still unsure what it actually is.

Called into my local Skoda dealer who (at no surprise) had no idea what the code was.

Me

"do you know the paint code for the VRS Gigaro wheels?"

Dealer

"no idea, we only know the colour of the main car body"

Me

"will it be the same as the roof?"

Dealer

"could be but not sure"

Give me strength........................... AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!

I have a paint code of F9R for the Skoda Black Magic.

Question is will F9R be the correct match for the wheels?

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

Not the correct colour, but i just touched some up with Volvo 'Stone Black', and they look OK.

That was because i had no 'Black Nail Varnish' Available.

On the nail varnish front.

The 'Factory Shop'  i use has no Black,  but you get 2 Bottles for £3,

&

the Red Solid, & Silver Metallic is good for a quick repair on Stone Chips on Red or Silver cars,

or touching up most silver wheels until you get a proper job done. Easy on and then easy removed.

Other colours might suit other cars, the Blue Metallic looks OK.

Skoda don't know the paint codes for any of their alloy wheels, they really are rubbish.

I got more information from Audi than Skoda UK when I was looking for the code on my Octavia vRS alloys. Audi confirmed that VAG share a number of different alloy paint coded across all brands.

As for a touch-up pen then forget it. Unless you are touching up the main body paint then you've no chance. Skoda UK don't even do a touch-up pen for the colour coded bumpers on their Scout models.

• 2 years later...