remap tomorrow :)

Just given my car a bloody good clean, polish and fluids check etc ready for it's remap at Corten-Miller tomorrow morning.

All my previous cars have been mapped / tuned and I always knew I'd be getting this vRS done. I've had the car since February and have purposely put off having it mapped as i wanted to really get used to the car to see the differences / benefits between standard / mapped.

I was in numerous minds of where to go but seeing as Corten-Miller have done all my previous cars, with very impressive results and service, I've gone with them again, and they are also a Revo authorised dealer. It's just going to be a stage 1 at the min as I'm trying to keep the car as OEM as poss, unlike all my previous vehicles!

I'll obviously keep you posted with the graphs and stuff.

http://www.corten-miller.co.uk/

• Like 2

Well, where do I start?!

Firstly, Corten-Miller offer an absolutely fantastic service and experience. I was greated at reception by name, with a brew and the options were discussed and then the technician explained exactly what they were going to do to the car and what I could expect. I was then shown to the leather armchairs in the waiting room, given the Wi-Fi access code and the TV remote. 

About 2.5hrs later the technician returned and explained how things went, what the results were and what the numbers meant.

So, on the 5th power run the car was absolutely bang on 170hp and was making 269 lbs/ft of torque. Book figures are 167hp and 258 lbs/ft. The car is totally standard including panel filter, EGR etc.

After the custom remap it made 199.5hp and 312 lbs/ft. The operator flashed a Revo map into the ECU from a stock database and it made 197.4hp and 309 lbs/ft. Needless to say i stuck with the custom map.

I know we have all seen higher power figures but as we all know it depends on the dyno used. I dare say if I went to my other local tuner it would make 210hp+ as his dyno is renowned for running high figures. For me it's not about figures, it's about air/fuel mixture and how it drives.

The car now drives so much smoother and feels easier to drive. On a spirited run it pulls right through the rev range and almost feels like a standard petrol vRS. It's too early to tell you if the MPG has improved as I've not exactly been hanging around but the technician said, from previous experience, vRS owners have seen approx 50 to 60 extra miles per full tank. That'll do for me!

Here's the graph:

22415FAA-2BC4-4A92-AD94-38C9103016FB_zps

• Like 3

Wow, some nice figures and a lovely graph there.

I must admit on my travels and searching I hadn't heard of Corten Miller however having been considering a remap for quite some time and this being somewhat on the door step I dare say with your recommendation I may well also be paying them a visit in the not to distant future.

Do you mind my asking what sort of figure you paid as I cant find any obvious pricing on scanning the web page?

No problem at all, it was £450 including vat.

If you're nearby to Friskney just drop in and see them. I'm pretty sure you won't regret using them.