Octavia III vcds tweaks

I've tried - same result - error

Lock the Car for about 6-12 hours. Vcds is not able to Reset the ECU´s, so it takes Time to set the ECU to 0 (Busruhe). VCP-Pro is reseting the ECU at every Coding. So you have not to wait.

• Like 2

thank you very much - it really is not reporting the error LED Number Plate - ECU's got better

Edited by hravec

I coded the rain closing last week. Since then I haven't used the car in the dark but following the posting of this thread I checked the coming home/leaving home lights. The lights do not work at all no matter how long I leave it locked. I tried uncoding rain closing last night and only the leaving home lights worked.

I remembered I coded the automatic headlights at the same time so in case the problem was there I uncoded that as well.

Still no luck with the coming home lights.

I coded the rain close again and tried the other RFLS codes and neither the coming home or leaving home lights work.

Today coming home in the rain the headlights came on. I tried the high beam and I got an automatic headlamp error on the maxi dot. I was surprised because I did not recode the automatic headlights.

Even though I removed the coding for the automatic headlights is there a reset or something to finalise the removal of coding.

I wonder if this also affected removal of the rain close coding.

Have you done a reset of everything from the infotainment unit back to factory settings? Also try a reboot of the infotainment unit by holding the on off button in until it reboots with the Skoda logo. Unfortunately, as triumph61 said, VCDS doesn't reset the controllers after a coding change, but VCP does. I coded my rain closing with VCP originally.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Andy

Does the factory reset only reset changes made from the infotainment unit ( volumes, tick boxes, etc) or will it reset/remove any other changes made with VCDS.

Unfortunately, as triumph61 said, VCDS doesn't reset the controllers after a coding change,

Would it reset the controllers if you would disconnect the battery for one hour?

Edited by mtl

Then we have a workaround and now we need only somebody to test it. Do all the tweaks and then disconnect the battery for 15 minutes.

• 5 months later...