parts required to fit coilovers

I initially bought a spreader tool off eBay. It was expensive and useless!

An official tool maybe better.

In the end I just made one out of an allen key. Worked a treat.

Edited by Bobmonga

The VW tool is best TBH

It is designed for only that purpose 

It fit's in place and you don't loose fingers with a chisel popping out.

plus gives you free hand to help press down on wishbone to remove strut.

So easy to do job with it .   :thumbup:

• Like 1

You might want to replace the lower strut bolt and nut that holds strut to Hub asm, along with your bearings and new top mounts(my Seat LCR ones right :D ).

These can corrode and sometimes snap, so might be wise to renew

They are number 24 and 25 in attached drawing

FrontSuspensionSkodaOctavia_zps8a659b88. 

You might want to replace the lower strut bolt and nut that holds strut to Hub asm, along with your bearings and new top mounts(my Seat LCR ones right :D ).

These can corrode and sometimes snap, so might be wise to renew

They are number 24 and 25 in attached drawing

FrontSuspensionSkodaOctavia_zps8a659b88.

You are a good lad lol. Cheers for that. Yeh got the top mounts monday. Already got the new bearings. Didn't know about the bolts tho. Anything to worry about on the rear? Should have my hub spreader Tuesday from my local vw dealer. Got a tt strutbrace to fit to :)

I fit the rears yesterday. My ap coilovers didnt come with new rear bump stops and the old ones were knackered so iv trimmed them back flush with the metal bracket and refit. Am I ok to leave it like this? Will it pass a mot?

I fit the rears yesterday. My ap coilovers didnt come with new rear bump stops and the old ones were knackered so iv trimmed them back flush with the metal bracket and refit. Am I ok to leave it like this? Will it pass a mot?

Yeah . you can get new ones later
  • Like 1

Guest BigJase88

The best tool to split the hub is an 8mm allen key ground down on 2 opposing sides.

Inset ground down side into slot. Then rotate 90 degree's to open the hub

:)

The best tool to split the hub is an 8mm allen key ground down on 2 opposing sides.

Or get the right tool and forget the hassle grinding a Allen key.[emoji12]

£18 and there taking there bloody time with it too. Got new top mpunts bearings bolts and coilovers ready to go on. The rear looks awesome but it will need raising. Put it on the lowest setting lol.

Make the decision to raise it once you have done the front, just make sure it doesn't have reverse rake though, for performance it's best if the front is a tad lower than the back

This looking more likely. 10days on and still no part arrived at vw.

Ad be asking for my money back and reverse rake is when the back is lower than the front meaning less grip on the front wheels so less traction

Iv not gave them any money yet. Never heard of it called that before. I like the nose down look anyway. Don't think my bumper will tho lol.

£18 and there taking there bloody time with it too. Got new top mpunts bearings bolts and coilovers ready to go on. The rear looks awesome but it will need raising. Put it on the lowest setting lol.

these are normally in stock get dealer to check any Audi, VW , Skoda, Seat dealer with one (part number 4324)

that takes the P***s

Could of bought it on ebay quicker

this is the tool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-A6-A8-Shock-Absorber-Tube-Strut-Suspension-Spreader-Socket-Wrench-Tool-/261510447686?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3ce33cc246

I would of not waited 2 weeks for that tool buddy and just improvised. I would of only bought it if it was in stock. And I only paid £8 for mine few years back.

feck waiting for it and just use screwdriver now buddy. (sorry i did say tool is best but jesus not to the point of waiting that long)

I would of posted you mine to borrow if you asked and i knew part not in stock

Make the decision to raise it once you have done the front, just make sure it doesn't have reverse rake though, for performance it's best if the front is a tad lower than the back

Not just performance but handling more so on these cars, they need a slightly lower front end to get better turn in and weight on braking and distribution . Having car lower at rear for performance is not what most VRS users would be looking to achieve or even thinking of imo.

these are normally in stock get dealer to check any Audi, VW , Skoda, Seat dealer with one (part number 4324)

that takes the P***s

Could of bought it on ebay quicker

this is the tool

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-A6-A8-Shock-Absorber-Tube-Strut-Suspension-Spreader-Socket-Wrench-Tool-/261510447686?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3ce33cc246

I would of not waited 2 weeks for that tool buddy and just improvised. I would of only bought it if it was in stock. And I only paid £8 for mine few years back.

feck waiting for it and just use screwdriver now buddy. (sorry i did say tool is best but jesus not to the point of waiting that long)

I would of posted you mine to borrow if you asked and i knew part not in stock

Not just performance but handling more so on these cars, they need a slightly lower front end to get better turn in and weight on braking and distribution . Having car lower at rear for performance is not what most VRS users would be looking to achieve or even thinking of imo.

Dam lol wish I did mention it earlier. Think im going to grind down my 8mm allen key that's in a socket.

• Like 1

Dam lol wish I did mention it earlier. Think im going to grind down my 8mm allen key that's in a socket.

Do it buddy.

Shame you are not closer, I would of given you a hand.

I come from Leicestershire  :D 

• Like 1