1st service dealer hasn't completed corrosion check of body

I have just had the first annual service of my Fabia Green line and the dealer hasn't filled in the "Check corrosion protection of the body" in the service record. The bill says "Carry out complementary visual vehicle health check and report findings to the customer", might be the same thing but it is unclear. Dealer Sparshatts of Botley. My questions are:

1. Is this required to maintain the warranty?

2. If so doesn't this normally form part of a main dealer service?

Edited by askoda

my advice would be to call them and ask (01489 785111 option 3) and ask to speak to Matt, he's usually quite helpful (more so if you have a Briskoda sticker IME ;) )

Thanks for the advice guys. Spoke to the dealer and the complementary visual inspection covers the warranty requirement but I need to keep the service record to prove it. Why they don't just stamp and sign the service book isn't clear, but I'll get them to do it next time I visit.

What 'Complimentary Visual Inspection'?    They try to sound like they are being charitable.

A Coffee or Brownie with your Coffee is Complimentary.

The car was being serviced & that is paid for,

by Service Plan or Payment at the time.    That is not Complimentary.

They are being Employed to do a job of work, that is for 'Gain & Reward.'  They do tend to think they do you a favour actually working.

Is there a little Diagram where they show any damage points, even kerbed wheels.  that can be in the Service Book & Signed off.

& the Hand Held Computer can have remarks done.

When a proper Visual Inspection had been done.

Skoda have stopped supplying Service Books with New Cars, and this type of nonsense will be happening more often as all there is, is 

information on computers.

But Customers should stil receive Print Outs, listing Maintenance and Inspections done on their vehicles,

for future reference and owners down the line.

george

Bottom of the Service Book Pages where the Dealership Stamps & puts the mileage, & Date, says.  

(See that on page 13  'service proof'.)

'Make sure that the corrosion protection of the body is intact or note possible damage -> page 14 *Check corrosion protection of the body*.'

The same thing is at the bottom of each Service Book Page that they stamp and write the date or miles of the next service & inspection on.

& the page after has the Car Drawing to mark any damage on.

What 'Complimentary Visual Inspection'?    They try to sound like they are being charitable.

A Coffee or Brownie with your Coffee is Complimentary.

The car was being serviced & that is paid for,

by Service Plan or Payment at the time.    That is not Complimentary.

They are being Employed to do a job of work, that is for 'Gain & Reward.'  They do tend to think they do you a favour actually working.

Is there a little Diagram where they show any damage points, even kerbed wheels.  that can be in the Service Book & Signed off.

& the Hand Held Computer can have remarks done.

When a proper Visual Inspection had been done.

Skoda have stopped supplying Service Books with New Cars, and this type of nonsense will be happening more often as all there is, is 

information on computers.

But Customers should stil receive Print Outs, listing Maintenance and Inspections done on their vehicles,

for future reference and owners down the line.

george

Yep no service book just a folder to keep your printouts in so you do not get a stamp its all done on a national data base. I did not get any printout with mine just a cardboard folder

2014  & in Skoda 'We must trust'.

More worrying is, IMO

in the UK Skoda Dealerships doing things properly on cars and on computers 'We must Trust'.

At least if there are ever 'proofs'  needed in the future with Skoda & Warranties, it was them that introduced a system where the Customer 

trusted them to be keeping records, & their Service Partners to do their bit.

george

• Like 1