What is this pipe/hose called

My one has a kink in it and need to buy a new one.

Can not find the name of this pipe nor does it have a part number in it as the pipe on my car isn't original.

I have ringed it in red in the picture.

Thank you in advanceqynusu7e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silver bullet looking at that link can u confirm wat the other pipes are. I believe the two small ones are the pipe in question in the op's post, and the other is the one that links too the n75 valve, the large pipe I think links the smic to the tb and the small collar one would be for a cai intake or cone filter but wat is the 90 degree reducer one for? Tia

Silver bullet looking at that link can u confirm wat the other pipes are. I believe the two small ones are the pipe in question in the op's post, and the other is the one that links too the n75 valve, the large pipe I think links the smic to the tb and the small collar one would be for a cai intake or cone filter but wat is the 90 degree reducer one for? Tia

Ok Buddy,

Working from top to bottom (Using Forge picture of hose kit) :-

FMKT005_zps200c0577.jpg

1/ Longest fattest hose (top right)....This goes from Intercooler exit to throttle body inlet (I had to reduce it about 15mm in length to get it to fit neatly).

2/ 90 deg reducing diameter hose...This goes from Turbo exit (at top) into the large dia' stainless charge pipe that runs behind engine right to left (viewed from radiator).

3/ The short large diameter straight hose....Joins stainless "Pancake pipe" (sited inboard of osf wheel) to Intercooler inlet (can pop off so make sure the clamps are tight).

4/ The medium dia' hose with the 180 deg' return bend....Joins side exit spigot on Diverter Valve to large dia' stainless charge pipe spigot.

5/ The long smallest dia bendy hose.........Joins the large dia' stainless charge pipe spigot to the N75 valve

When I replaced the std ones with these i did them one at a time to prevent any wrong connections.

I also replaced the crappy wire hose clamps with stainless ones (bought from Forge).

Hope this helps

• Like 1

That's brilliant thank you! It was hard to picture where they went from memory ile be ordering myself a set and ile buy there clamp set they offer too. Did you notice any performance improvement or is it just better appearance and durability over the originals fitted?

The creation motorsport kit is identical to the forge kit and nearly half the price when I bought mine well worth a look on the creation web site they also sell individual hoses as well,

That's brilliant thank you! It was hard to picture where they went from memory ile be ordering myself a set and ile buy there clamp set they offer too. Did you notice any performance improvement or is it just better appearance and durability over the originals fitted?

I did notice a slight improvement in performance pickup, my imagination?, cant say, but you are spot on when you said durability and appearance.

Im a great believer in "fit and forget", hence the stainless hose clamps, also the hoses are more resistant to heat  /  degradation / swelling under pressure. NB: just checked, I fitted the hose kit in 2008.

The noticable difference was fitting a Forge TIP. it does seam to rev more freely. 

At the moment a few owners are fitting a even fatter TIP (SFS brand), the Forge one was a tight enough fit for me.

I dont plan in changing it anytime soon, focussing on handling at the moment.

There is a lot of good stuff out there now (as Willy 0329 mentions) so its really down to personal preference and budget.

• Like 1

Yeah I have the same beliefs in fit and forget, usually because there such a pig to fit in the first place. The supersize tip is wat I'm hoping to to fit at the same time but I'm abit worried reading bowders guide as I haven't done any deletes so I know it's going to be tight, but if i do it all together ile only cut my knuckles once lol!

• 6 months later...

Can vouch for the value for money of creations motorsport ones. I've fitted cooler to tb and crankcase breather. Had to trim both but all good. Cooler to tb looks the most worthwhile swap with its nice constant diameter compared to the stock one and the tip will probably give most gain. They're all probably worth doing as they're perishable but I'm in no real rush to do more until they fail.