Des Winks Skoda

• 1 month later...

Not a very good start for a new dealership.

Took SWMBOs Citigo there for some warranty work. They diagnosed a fault in one of the shock absorbers on the rear. They arranged to replace ONE shock absorber. Despite me pointing out that this was bad practice, they still refused to replace both.

Complaint with SUK has been lodged. :swear:

Had the opposite experience to 2SF with our visit today, albeit for a very minor warranty issue.

Have used the dealership in the past when we ran a Golf, although that was five years ago. As before the staff were pleasant, helpful and dealt with the work needed while we waited, plus promptly ensured we had coffee, biscuits and up to date magazines to read to pass the time (not sales literature thankfully).

Certainly try them again myself and it saves a much longer trip to Lincoln.

TP

I phoned DW a few months ago to book my car in for a DSG oil/filter 40,000 service. I found them very professional.

Later that day they phoned me back to inform me that my DSG gearbox did not require the service, I contacted Skoda who confirmed this.

I will use then going forward based on this

Regards all

Juan

Just updated my other thread regarding shock absorbers. As a result of an email I sent in, I've now spoken to the MD at Des Winks. Without repeating all the detail of the other thread, I feel that we came to an amicable agreement, and I will be back there for servicing - especially in light of comments made above by The Plumber and others.

• 8 months later...

Had Winks carry out the first service on the Spaceback this morning. Staff were all very courteous and ensured I was kept supplied with hot drinks and biscuits while I waited. 

Impressed also that a couple of days back they rang to let me know the car needed a couple of updates which would add about an hour to my visit and was I OK with that.

Noted that their Skoda showroom is staring to go up next door and should be open later this year.

TP

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeti serviced 2 weeks ago, carried out quickly and properly, and compared to the last dealer service no red traffic lights on the inspection sheet. New showroom this month.

Recommended

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Just bought a Kodiaq from Martin Hadrick at Des Winks, the service has been second to none. A fault just after delivery meant the car had to go straight back, the team at Des Winks couldn't have been better, if the aftercare continues like this I can see us buying from them again. Better than some of the other Skoda dealers in Yorkshire.

• 1 month later...

My previous Citigo went to des winks Scarborough for its yearly service and they were very helpful. Collected the Citigo from the house (around 5 miles away from the dealer) and then dropped it back off in the afternoon free of charge. I’ll use them again for my newer Citigo when the service is required. 

Recommended 

• 1 year later...