Inner CV problems - clicking noises.

Has anyone had any issues with inner CVs on a VRS?

I've had a progressively worsening noise coming from the left side of the car and I think it's the inner CVs.  Basically when I take off from a stop I get 3-4 loud clicks.  Not clunks, clicks.  Then when I slow down to stop I get 3-4 loud clicks again.  It happens every time.  Not when I'm driving, just when the car is speeding up or slowing down. The outer CV is new, the engine mounts are new, all bolts are torqued, ball joints and track rod ends are new, drop links are new, etc etc etc you get the idea.

The clicking is driving me nuts.  Checked the brakes and nothing seems to move their either.

What other inner CVs are the same as the fabia 6 speed ones?  I have a service to do and another CV boot on the drivers side to change so I might as well try and sort everything at once.

Have you checked the joint/wheel for play? Wheel bearings and wishbone bearings also click when bad. Mine last year was wishbone bushes, felt it through the steering though, very wobbly like the wheel might fall off! I had a bad droplink too, that clunked everytime I went over a roadhump (so a hundred times a day in London). You could try getting someone to turn the wheels for you while you observe and listen to your joint, logically the joint should pop or click when turning too if bad. Might help you narrow it down anyway.

New wishbones, Cupra rear bush and poly front bush.  No play in the wheel bearing.

The inner CVs and Wheel bearings are the only things I haven't changed.

Last year my MOT picked up play in rear bushes which I hadn't felt when driving. Garage replaced them but put them in upside down. When I picked up the car, that is when I got the clicking and really wobbly sensation from the NS. As it was 2 minutes from garage to MOT place, asked the MOT man if he wouldn't mind popping it on the ramp to see what they had done. MOT man noted that there was now also play developing in OS bushes since replacing the NS. Took it back, garage claim there isn't a right or wrong way to install, pointed out two little alignment marks that the MOT man was being so particular about. They then broke bushes trying to remove them, ended up with new pre-installed bushes and wishbones both sides (at their cost) because they didn't want to mess with the bushes any longer. Not suggesting yours are at fault, if there's no play, sounds like they're fine, but it goes to show how one small thing affects another. Also ended up with new droplinks, tie-rod and driveshaft, almost all new suspension.

Is it possible that your inner cv joint dislocated while doing the work? Read of a few cases of that happening when replacing outer joint or wishbone.

I take the entire driveshaft out when I need to work on any part of it.  I always pop the driveshaft out of the hub if the ball joint or wishbone has to be disconnected,

Which bushes were put in upside down?

Rear. IIRC was noted by Mr MOT Man one at 6 o'clock, and one at 3 o'clock. He refused to sign that special slip of paper until the marks all aligned correctly. Garage mechanic thought MOT man was taking the Michael in the extreme and got rather annoyed over it all. Thing is, the 3 o'clock would have left the original factory like that as it wasn't changed until the play developed (AFAIK). New wishbones with pre-installed bushes made Mr Man happy (actually, not sure if he ever smiles come to think of it...)

The rotation is something which has to move as the car moves up and down too through so it's not critical.  It's a crap design.  Not to mention the fact that the jacked up position is a long way off what the static normal height and angle of the wishbone will be.

Getting away from the console bush thing, I have 2 new cupra bushes in and there's no clicks , clunks, or knocks over bumps or humps in the road.

I have the same problem and not sure what it is, the clicking and even clunks...

It happens only when on full lock and when setting off (1st Gear or Reversing). What surprises me is one month ago I replaced all suspension bushes with SuperPro ones, one of them is Front Wishbone Rear Bushes with Anti Lift which I set as recommended by mechanic, fitted the Weitec Coilovers (replaced the top mounts and bearings), fitted Rear ARB and replaced fron ARB Bushes with SuperPro ones and lastly my drop links were replaced by HD Meyle ones (not adjustable)

We have tried to identify the problem and even though mechanic was able to hear it and knows it's there he can't find anything, the car drives fine.

This is really winding me up and I don;t like the sound but really don't know what it's is...So I'll be watching this thread