SWMBO’s FL Jungle green L&K (170CR)

Gizmo

Gizmo, do the LED reversing lights 'flash' when the ignition is first turned on and the bulb check system does its thing?

I fitted some (excellent) LED reversing lights from Superskoda and they pulse 5 times each one after the other about 10 seconds after the ignition is turned on. I presume there's enough power going to the LED bulbs to illuminate them but not enough volts to light up a standard bulb.

We do like bright lights!

I would assume so as it’s the CANBUS system doing it’s ‘bulb out’ check, ... I will let you know tonight! (EDIT - yes they did  I have since coded them with VCP and removed the flash)

Muddy, I know it’s a lot of dosh, I baulked at buying them for the DRL’s on my Superb estate for a long time.... but they are worth the extra expense IMO (I did try ‘normal’ LED’s in the Yeti’s reversing lights (as I had a spare one) but the light output was very poor, but it was white  :D

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Is it possible to have the CH/LH set to illuminate the reversing lights instead of the head/fog lights? We always reverse park on our driveway, so leaving forward-facing lights on doesn't help us much..... :heartbreak:

• Like 1

I don’t think it is, certainly not seen that option, the rear taillights however do light up on some cars (not sure if the Yeti is one of them as it’s an option we never use.)

The tail lights light up for CH/LH on my classic. I also reverse onto the drive, and whilst not as bright as the front fogs (VCDS tweak) it does a sufficient job.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Eventually got round to fitting the 'Bright Light' LED, tested & working, as said , pics and daylight do not show the real increase of illumination.

Not seen the startup flash but only just put them in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The car is now for sale in the classifieds, no rush to sell as the replacement (non Škoda) will not be ready until November ish.

However it could be sold at anytime as I could buy a cheap runaround to tied us over if needs be.

• Gizmo locked this topic