Noise from Powerflex bushes

Hello,

For the past few months my suspension has been making a creaking noise when I go over speed bumps etc. Yesterday I tried applying some silicone spray to the console bushes (front and rear) but unfortunately this didn't make a difference. I'm now considering striping down the area and re-applying the grease (they have been on the car around 3-4 years). The question I have is this: would normal copper grease be OK (as I did originally) or should I use a silicone based grease (and if so what type?).

Thanks

The issue isn't the bushes, you try rubbing two pits of polybush together to make them creak, it's not going to happen. The issue will be your suspension if it's a genuine creak or drop links/arb/top mounts if it's a click/clunk.

I have thought about the ARB bushes but they too were replaced with power flex ones. Alot of other VAG forums have people complaining about the noise Poly bushes make and TBH they were pretty good for the first few years. I'm hoping to do a strip down soon and re-grease everything (inc the ARB bushes). Hopefully that would kill any noise.

Follow up post: So we stripped the wishbones off and the anti-roll bar bushes (again they were powerflex). We cleaned up the units, and re-fitted using silicone grease as there wasn't any copper slip left from the first install. No wonder they were creaking. Just come back from a test drive and all seems well with the bushes. I did find a leak on my power steering so thats another topic.