brake servo hose kinked (UK 2011 VRS)

My first MOT today and it's passed with one "strong advisory".

The brake servo hose has a kink in it.
I'll ask my dealer to take a look but thought I'd ask if anyone else here has a similar kink in case it's meant to be like that.

post-5486-0-01096300-1404325297_thumb.jpg

Has your car had a Breather Mod done by a Skoda Dealership.?

Or the Engine Replaced?

It does not look like a Standard 2011 vRS set up to me.

EDIT,  

sorry my usual bad picture of a not as tidy as yours 2010.

Have you just tried taking the kink out of it, i would?

Personally I'd want to get it sorted fairly quickly as that's going to affect repetitive braking strength.  Try a hairdrier to soften the pipe and then press the sides of the pipe at the kink to form it back into a circular section. Then check after a hot run that it doesn't kink again.  If it does then you need to replace it which isn't cheap I'm afraid. Part number is 6R2 612 041 AF which looks to be about £50 to £60.

If you know the car has had the Breather Pipe & Valve mod done,  or the Warranty History shows it is done,

then any further work will be a continuation of that done while the car was under 3 years old.

Are you having the Brake Fluid changed now at 3 years old, or has it been done already?

Thanks for the info.

I bought my car on the 2nd July 2011 so it's now just out of warranty.
I rang the dealer on the 2nd last week though, following the MOT, so does that count?

It had it's third year service in May, intentionally ahead of warranty expiration despite relatively low mileage. The maintenance list has a tick against "brake system: carry out visual check for leaks and damage" and "brake fluid change".

I can't see anything about the breather pipe and valve mod on the maintenance schedule or invoices for the first, second or third service. I'll ask the dealer.

I haven't risked touching the pipe as the guy doing the MOT said he didn't want to risk touching it in case it split.

There's nothing nearby to put pressure on it so I've no idea how the kink can have got there.

Edited by R i c h a r d

Check with the dealership that did a 3 year service and said brakes checked visually and brake fluid changed. Did they. Is their brake fluid listed on a work sheet and invoice. Was the technician eyesight not as good as a mot examiner? Or was he just not near the master cylinder!!

The fluid and labour are both itemised on the invoice. :)
I have done a couple of 100 mile round trip journeys since the service so I guess there's a chance it has kinked post service.

Edited by R i c h a r d