Gearbox crunch into reverse

I am buying a Superb estate, 1.8 petrol, with 6 speed manual gearbox, it's on an 11 plate with less than 18k miles on the clock, i'm guessing it isn't normal for there to be a crunch into reverse gear ? If I dip the clutch, wait a moment, then select reverse, it goes in without the noise, I suspect it's clutch drag, but are these gearbox/clutch set-ups prone to it, I've never had this issue with the Fabia VRS

I would love to take it to a Skoda dealer to fix as it's still in warranty until the 12th of July, but won't have time between collecting it and going away on holiday on that date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is still in warranty take it the dealer to register the problem before the warranty expires, also,get advice if safe to drive. If you are taking the car on holiday perhaps they can offer some sort of help

Sounds sticky, if it's been sat around it might just clear itself, if so it should be quite rapid, like withing 20 miles of shifting, otherwise it's either an adjustment or possibly the clutch is dying early.

Edited by Supurbia

Older 5-spd and 6-spd gearboxes had fully synchronised reverse and no crunch - ever.

Certainly the new 5-spd gearboxes have no synchromesh on reverse and will crunch unless the car is fully stationary when engaging (my wife's Roomie does). Not sure about the 6-speed in the Mk2 Superb, but would not be surprised if the entire range cheapened out in the name of cost cutting.

Picked it up Friday morning, drove down to Westward Ho! Friday afternoon, so no time whatsoever to get it to the dealers before I left, to be fair I haven't noticed it today, done about 300 miles since pick up, with a pretty slow, crap drive down

I am struggling with the lack of torque at low revs though, but that's what 10 years in a Fabia Vrs does for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk