Rear bushes renewal/ polybush replacement

After getting my new shocks and springs fitted last month I went to get my alignment done. The bush on the arm that alters the camber on one side wasn't able to be adjusted. I've visited Skoda and TPS and both have told me I need a full new arm at a cost of £87 then labour to fit. Are there any superpro or polybushes I can just replace the bush with ? Picture below,

vyhy5uny.jpg

I was looking at polybushing all the rear as front is already done. I wouldn't put a pattern part on my car, putting cheap gear on only results in doing it twice and I just don't trust the quality and yes mate the bush cannot be bought seperately from Skoda or TPS but polybush and the likes of do the bush in polyurethane so £140 saved by not buying 2 new arms just to replace a cheap plastic bush !

I was looking at polybushing all the rear as front is already done. I wouldn't put a pattern part on my car, putting cheap gear on only results in doing it twice and I just don't trust the quality and yes mate the bush cannot be bought seperately from Skoda or TPS but polybush and the likes of do the bush in polyurethane so £140 saved by not buying 2 new arms just to replace a cheap plastic bush !

Who said pattern was cheap.

Often you can get the original part at the same quality.

A rubber/metal bush of decent quality s closer to oem than a lump of plastic.

Who said pattern was cheap.

Often you can get the original part at the same quality.

A rubber/metal bush of decent quality s closer to oem than a lump of plastic.

Maybe yeah but at the end of the day I saved a fair bit cash and the polybush will outlast the oem bush, like I said either £87 each plus fitting,or £30 each plus fitting just for bushes. I put this up really just to let people know that there are alternative ways to remedy the problem, rather than just take Skodas word for it that the whole arm needs renewing !

Got a link to the polybush ones?

Just look on Polybush website mate it's easy and they have a diagram for front and back of the car

Sorry 44BD is the code for that particular bush. All Mk5 platform bushes start with 44 !
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well just thought I would add an update, poly bushes are in and car has been re-aligned all good ! Didn't fancy doing it in the drive so took it to my local Indy 1.5 hrs labour and vat. Total cost £130 fitted. Half what two new arms and labour would have cost ! I'm am also going to mention to anyone thinking of buying straight from Polybush in Wrexham DO NOT ! I rang them up direct and they charged me £59.97 for the bushes and delivery, which I thought was fine until I looked on eBay and could get the same bush made by them for £38.89 with free delivery !! Eh ? Work that out ! So I phoned them up to ask if they had over charged me by mistake ? The guy on the phone Colin told me they charge full RRP ! Eh I said, how come I can get the same item manufactured by yourselves over 25% cheaper elsewhere ? To which he gave a rather snotty reply and I put the phone down on him. Shop elsewhere boys Polybush are overpriced and have 0% customer skills in my opinion ! If I went to Skoda to buy a new car @20k then the garage next door was selling an identical car for £15k I know who I would buy from...****s

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am only picking up on this thread because I have been doing the same thing but I did buy the pattern parts at £45 a side. They are easier to fit than pfaffing around with the seized bushes but do I need to replace the bolts ...? Also anyone got the part number for them?

Edited by TsvRS

• 3 years later...

Epic thread revival I know bit just had a similar experience with my 2007 Octavia II. I'm considering getting a complete surname from the breakers and reconditioning it to do a swap in an effort to have my car off the road for the minimum amount of time. 

My question is,  is there any kits available for all arms / bushes & bolts? Thinking of a poly Bush kit?

Thanks in advance

I did see a clip on YouTube where a guy burned his old rubber bushes out and poured a plastic mix in for diy polymount bushes.

Seemed ok if you like tinkering.

Edited by MicMac