Which Bluetooth module do I buy for my RCD 510 (without DAB)?

Hi guys

I have bought a Skoda Fabia recently which had a RCD 510 pre-installed and I'm wanting to upgrade the unit so I can connect my phone to it

I'm wondering if it as easy as buying a bluetooth module from eBay and then plugging it into the relevant ports behind the head unit and that's it?

Or would it need coding etc with VAGCOM or similar?

How do I identify which bluetooth module I need as there are a few different ones on eBay with different part numbers?

Would the phone feature work OK with phonebook integration etc?

I've been quoted £350 to fit the bluetooth module into the car from a local fitter but that seems very expensive if it's just a plug and play job

I can take the headunit out to see model numbers etc as I have the tools. It is the headunit without DAB

Thanks in advance

I have a bluetooth module and lead/microphone which im looking to sell. I had it fitted to a Swing stereo but the unit came from a rcd510. 

I had to use VCDS to add the telephone module but this may not need to be done with yours as you've an higher end unit. 

the unit pn is 5K035730D. This give music streaming and phone calls, Integrates with the MFD, and gives the phonebook feature too. 

It took literally 20 minutes from start to finish fitting. Depending on where you are, i may be able to help out if programming is needed. 

PM if your interested for a price. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies will have a little read

@mrburdon123 unfortunately I can't seem to PM you as it's disabled. But I have just noticed I don't even have a maxidot display lol. How much are you wanting for the kit?

Regards