now an octavia owner ! help please

Hi folks, well after much umming and rrring i took the plunge, accepted that to upgrade from my Fabia 11 1.9 tdi to an estate version was becoming more and more unlikely ( I know i'm tempting fate here and a shed load of estates will appear from nowhere ! )  and opted into an 2009 Octavia 1.9 tdi elegancy estate, just picked it up and already I'm overwhelmed with all the whistles and bells but hey I'll get used to them ( and the cars size ) in good time

however : whats the gizzmo on the dash approx in the center behind the storage cubby hole?

does the Bolero radio house 6 cds?

and          can anyone recommend a set of carmats or would I be better off ordering Skoda originals

many thanks

post-108938-0-47011900-1405857372_thumb.jpg

post-108938-0-22765300-1405857443_thumb.jpg

post-108938-0-70717400-1405857493_thumb.jpg

however : whats the gizzmo on the dash approx in the center behind the storage cubby hole?

does the Bolero radio house 6 cds?

It certainly does house 6 (MP3) CD's and the gizmo is part of the climate control.

• Like 1

Ebay have floor mat sets for lots of cars. Look for "tailored" ie cut to fit the floor rather than generic. They come in various carpet thickness and with/without the extra heel pad bit, and assuming there are clips available for Skoda's, they'll come with them.

Hi and thanks for the helpful replies so far, on another issue I have posted a request for info regarding air con ( poss probs ) which I'd obviously like to address asap since I've only just purchased the car 

Skoda original rubber mats are really good, had it for four years still looks like new. Don't get the cloth one tho.

Hi thanks for your input, got original Skoda rubber mats in our '07' Fabia, ( used the ones from our X REG Fabia px, as even though we bought the '07' as a new car Skoda wouldn't not include mats, they were offering a £1000 discount as the MK11 was being heavily promoted, in all fairness, but trust me I wasn't best pleased, so I kept the mats and fitted them !! )

Any reason why I should avoid the cloth ones?