New exhaust time - what are my options please folks?

As you found out , you will not get a replacement from kwik fit as they just don't supply them. It is typically Dealer or a company selling OEM equivalent . Mind you you will be scared of the price. Again as you found out

Will make the aftermarket exhaust seem quite reasonable.

The original system back box is actually stainless which is why it lasts longer than most and why it is pricey to buy.

I have a full OEM system is pretty good nick if needed.

The £300 - £380 mark is about what to buy for a stainless system these days

Are you selling the OEM system? If so, how much?

Not too sure why I got a price of £295. What tail design was that for buddy?

I've no idea either mate! The only thing I can think of is where we are in the country? I'm near the South Coast - hence I guess prices are maybe a bit higher?

My quote was for 'any combination of system' so I can have resonated / non-resonated, and choose from one of their standard tail-pipe designs.

I quite like the twin-round exits, so I will probably go for those.

Which Longlife dealer did you get your quote from?

And thanks for the link to Devonutopia's stock system - which I see has been hijacked by another poster already....!

But no matter. I am now committed to a nice stainless system.

Reason being, despite my car being 13 years old and 140,000 miles up - when my mate was welding the back-box back on yesterday, I was all over the underneath of the car whilst it was on the ramp. And - as if to support the car's ongoing perfect running and driving - the underneath is basically totally free from rust, corrosion, and damage. I can't believe how good the condition of the chassis is for it's age?

So, as I still love my Vrs so much, even after 4 years of ownership, and given the condition of the thing - I think a stainless exhaust is a good investment, as I am happy to keep her rolling in my ownership for at least another 4 years!

As I have said before on here, I still can't believe how much I love this little car, even after all these years of ownership. She is the cheapest and oldest car I have EVER bought - but by far the best! I am really bonded with her now....I would be very sad to see her go, that's for sure!

I've no idea either mate! The only thing I can think of is where we are in the country? I'm near the South Coast - hence I guess prices are maybe a bit higher?

My quote was for 'any combination of system' so I can have resonated / non-resonated, and choose from one of their standard tail-pipe designs.

I quite like the twin-round exits, so I will probably go for those.

Which Longlife dealer did you get your quote from?

I didnt speak to anyone for a quote you can do it by email. I told them the car etc and what tail I wanted but they never asked about res or non. As I'm in Carlisle the nearest dealer to me is Hexham.

Ray Luxury-yacht are you getting a full system or a cat back system for that price? Also when its fitted get a video, people are always wanting to compare sounds of exhausts, good to hear what its like as it seems good value!

Piper. Reasonable and sounds very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very happy with my Piper system and I'm sure it wasn't that expensive.

Is the Piper system very loud, does it consist of a single silencer ?

Can't seem to find a choice of resonated and non-resonated like the Milltek

I am looking at replacing my original system which is now 9 years old and looks in poor condition

Ray Luxury-yacht are you getting a full system or a cat back system for that price? Also when its fitted get a video, people are always wanting to compare sounds of exhausts, good to hear what its like as it seems good value!

Heya Jack. It's a cat-back system for that price. Car's too old and leggy to spend any more money doing anything else, I just want the exhaust repaired well and the car nicely useable. She goes well enough for me anyway with her re-map.

I will be going for the quietest option available, sorry! My days of loud pipes are well behind me now! However, I am lead to believe that I can choose the style of exhaust tips / outlet, which is nice - I think I might go for a DTM-style twin round outlet.

I will definitely post a vid of the sound for you all afterwards though!!

Is the Piper system very loud, does it consist of a single silencer ?

Can't seem to find a choice of resonated and non-resonated like the Milltek

I am looking at replacing my original system which is now 9 years old and looks in poor condition

Piper is generally louder than Miltek. The piper does not have a resonated center section (AFAIK) but the rear silencers are large and that does a good job at keeping noise down. The noise is no way stupid loud and intrusive.

Would anyone know if the jetex will fit onto an ebay 200cel sports cat please?, i so want another exhaust mine makes me sad everytime i see it hanging down and on the wonk :\

Would anyone know if the jetex will fit onto an ebay 200cel sports cat please?, i so want another exhaust mine makes me sad everytime i see it hanging down and on the wonk :\

It should do as I fitted a ebay cell200 sports cat on my mates VRS with a aftermarket system and no messing,  clamp straight on. Was quite easy.  They are designed to fit to a 2.5" system which the jetex is.

This is the company that I paid just over £100 for exact same thing and it fitted as per my earlier post easy and no messing.

That company does try it on with weird pricing but just look out for different add to get a proper priced one.

Thanks Bowders, the Piper system turned up today. Wheels dropped off for a refurb today and a new set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's ordered online. Picked up a timing belt kit with damper, water pump, NGK spark plugs, set of exhaust hangers.

Will post some photos of the progress next week.

Thanks Bowders, the Piper system turned up today. Wheels dropped off for a refurb today and a new set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's ordered online. Picked up a timing belt kit with damper, water pump, NGK spark plugs, set of exhaust hangers.

Will post some photos of the progress next week.

You are welcome

Sounds like your motor is getting some love at the moment.