BLUESPARK TUNING BOX

Hmmm they never mentioned this new box when i was there. As you may no mine with it using the first box you tried made 194 on 2nd off last setting. Stock was 187 but its the torque i was more impressed with. I wish i did the dyno on the last setting now...

I agree that the service is great and very helpful.

Whats the difference with this new box then mate?

Hmmm they never mentioned this new box when i was there. As you may no mine with it using the first box you tried made 194 on 2nd off last setting. Stock was 187 but its the torque i was more impressed with. I wish i did the dyno on the last setting now...

I agree that the service is great and very helpful.

Whats the difference with this new box then mate?

Apparently it hasn't been released yet, but the 3rd channel apparently measures fuel, but don't ask me how. It was way above my head. All I can say it seemed to have a lot more pull throughout the rev range compared to the 2 channel one.

I hope to have it Dyno tested, with any luck this week & I will post the results on here.

Hope their not just gonna tweak the fuel temp reading. No gonna judge though - intrigued to find out though.

What setting did he recommend you have it on?

Looks like there are 2 adjustments - the jumper is set at the middle ie 2 sets of pins either side. The dial adjustment is set to 6. Hope this means something to you.

Dyno test is booked in for Tues 29th July. Will post results then.

So you've got their new product then? I have the jumper adjustment but no dial. Can you post a pic up of yours?

Pretty gutted as a few of us on here have only had our boxes a few weeks so its a shame we missed out on this new version. 

So you've got their new product then? I have the jumper adjustment but no dial. Can you post a pic up of yours?

Pretty gutted as a few of us on here have only had our boxes a few weeks so its a shame we missed out on this new version. 

I agree with this, this may be why they were doing the 'special' offer :) you know sell them all off at £125 instead of £180?

may be selling my car soon, utterly gutted as this is by far the best car ive owned :(

I agree with this, this may be why they were doing the 'special' offer :) you know sell them all off at £125 instead of £180?

may be selling my car soon, utterly gutted as this is by far the best car ive owned :(

As far as I know this box is purely experimental, & I do not know when or even if it will be released.  I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I suppose I'm the one taking the risk here If it just happens to blow my engine up I can hardly go back crying can I?

At least you guys are running with tried & tested technology. 

My intention with this post was to thank Bluespark for their hospitality & dedication, & I didn't want to create 'buyers remorse' amongst those of you who have bought the previous box.

mrburdon123, on 23 Jul 2014 - 12:32, said:snapback.png

mrburdon - I have tried posting a pic of my Bluespark box, but this site won't let me. Says I have exceeded my allowance. Funny that as I haven't uploaded any pics in months. 

Edited by derekcollier

Had my Fabia vRS (CTHE engine on the rollers at AWESOME today. It made 193BHP & 246.85 ft-lbs torque. These are the figures AFTER the BLUESPARK tuning box was fitted. Unfortunately I don't have any BEFORE figures. So come on you experts how does it compare? Certainly feels a lot better, but that could be placebo.

dyno1_zpsf7b34838.jpg

should have done a before too.... most CTHE engines standard give 194bhp, there have been several RR'd to confirm this....

on its own, the graph is good, the later dip of the CTHE at 4.5 k shows the different engine.... nice constant [power between 5-7,000 revs... so about 190bhp ALL the time on full throttle :)

• Like 1

Thats the same bhp mine made cthe engine on the second off last setting bluespark box. Its the torque i was impressed with. You have it on last setting?

Mine is a different box to the one previously sold & as well as the jumper settings has a dial setting as well. I haven't a clue what either do & have left them as set by Bluespark.

See pic:-

bs_zpsb23f295d.jpg

• 9 months later...

I have the same bluespark Box. The dial I was told to.have set to 4 which it is and the jumper is on last setting.

I did try changing the jumper setting. Moved it one step to the right, possibly a small gain in acceleration. Then I moved it to the last jumper position & the difference was very apparent much more acceleration - BUT EPC light kept flashing on at high revs. Moved it back to it's original factory set position. I have never altered the dial setting. Mainly because I don't know what it does. Any idea?

Think the dial setting increases boost. I have tried setting 5 on the dial but told 4 is the one to leave it on. I would say 6 on the dial would be too much boost pressure... Setting on dial 4 and jumper set to the end seems to run the best for me. Power delivery seems smooth but on 5 seemed a little laggy.. Had dyno run on dial 4 and jumper set to second off last and made good torque figures..

You still have yours fitted bud?

• Like 1

I take it this voids engine warranty or??? Still mate glad you are pleased with it!!! And bluespark sound like some top blokes!!

Only if you tell them. Apparently it doesn't leave a trace on the ECU. As far as the box itself goes, irrespective of whether it increases the BHP or not (I suspect it doesn't) the car without any doubt runs better with it - it's smoother,  more responsive & certainly increases MPG. The boys at Bluespark are the tops; This is what customer service should be like; nothing is too much trouble & they certainly go the extra mile to make sure you do

Think the dial setting increases boost. I have tried setting 5 on the dial but told 4 is the one to leave it on. I would say 6 on the dial would be too much boost pressure... Setting on dial 4 and jumper set to the end seems to run the best for me. Power delivery seems smooth but on 5 seemed a little laggy.. Had dyno run on dial 4 and jumper set to second off last and made good torque figures..

You still have yours fitted bud?

Not at the moment - & I do miss it. Removed it for last service & haven't gotten round to refitting it. Then last week had a spate of misfiring with engine management light continuously on, which is still being investigated. Good job the box wasn't on, - no doubt it would have been blamed.