Steering pump not working and brake wobble

Hi Forum!

Not posted for a while. I still have my 2001 Fabia MPi and have now had it for 6 years and it has 100,500 miles on the clock! So hurray for my Skoda living so long despite the occasionally hard life it had.

That being said I am coming up to my MOT again and there are a few issues that are getting to be very annoying...

My power steering stopped working about 6 months ago, the pump does not turn on at all and the warning light keeps blinking. Also the airbag light has come on about a month ago. A bit annoying now particularly when parking. I really don't want to spend much money on fixing up the car because I only plan to have it until Xmas or so. My question is, can I remove the power steering pump and just bypass it, so when I turn the steering wheel I am only moving the wheels and not the fluid inside against the pump or will this make no difference? 

Secondly, I replaced my brakes (pads and disks) about 4-5 months ago because the old ones were in a terrible state and after a while I got a progressively heavy wobble upon braking. So I thought - warped disks and changed them again and now the same thing is happening. It's happening on the driver side and when the brakes are not applied there is a periodic squeek proportional to the car speed. What is the likely cause? Do I need to replace the whole hub? 

Cheers for any advice guys and yay for a still working Skoda! 

1) You can't just remove/bypass a PAS pump unless you can source a non-PAS rack for the car. Having said that, the comment about the warning light makes me think that the issue may actually be with the angle sensor. Have you had the fault codes read?

2) An illuminated airbag fault light is an MOT fail in itself. You need to get the fault codes read.

3) Did you clean the disc mounting faces before fitting the new discs? This could be the issue. Having said that, so could a worn bearing be, so check those.

I haven't had the fault codes read. Was kinda hoping to avoid it if someone could just point out what it is from symptoms, last time I had guy plug his tool in my car it cost me £40 and no happy ending to my woes!

I have cleaned the disks (both disk and pad are pagid) both times before putting them on, copper grease on moving parts, clean hands, the works. If it was a bearing I would hear something too wouldn't I? I jacked up the car and could not wobble the wheel in any way. When I drive there is a slight wobble and I can hear the pads squeeking on the disk.

My neighbour suggested it could be the caliper that is just too caked with brake dusk and is not moving freely, however, after cleaning it thoroughly and knocking the brake dust off it didn't help. Maybe I need a new caliper? 

I really don't want to keep spending money on the car  and it not getting better but perhaps I should get the sensor replaced... might be cheaper than buying another car.

Thanks matey, I would love to take you up on the offer but I'm in North London, will see how it goes. I might just do it :P Gotta figure out what to replace to fix the brakes.