apr remap

hi all 

just booked my car into amd for a apr remap after just having my car mapped yesterday but ended up being put back to stock due to odd issues. but was wondering if anyone has any experience with there mapping.

the car is a 2.0tsi manual 

thx all 

Great smooth map, almost certainly won't make the power that APR quote as mine didn't at stage 1 or 2+ however it drove so nicely that the negligible power difference on the rollers vs. official wasn't worth worrying about.

I had a problem with my map, something went wrong with it and the anti theft kicked in on the A46 and killed the throttle. Apparently that was my fault as I managed the complicated button press on the cruise stalk whilst I was driving the car but then entering the PIN wouldn't open it up and let the car drive. Funnily enough once the car was flashed back to stock it was fine.

Not really much choice for TSI as my tuner of choice doesn't touch them yet, so you've got APR, Revo and Shark maybe plus a few smaller tuners.

It's a lovely, smooth map and wiped the floor with the previous stage 1 map, but the lack of support was frustrating (I rang APR as soon as the problem came up and was told it COULDN'T have been the anti theft). I was told AMD take care of distribution in the UK now but don't take my word for it.

Oh and bring your Etch-a-Sketch for your AMD dyno printout.

• Like 2

That's the same map I have on my 2.0 PD140 sport, as said above it's a very smooth map with plenty of useable torque right through the rev range.

Completely transformed the feel and drive of my car, it feels how I always thought it should feel

awesome thanks for clearing that up for me as the mapper i used was a genuine mapper as he mapped my dad's merc really well. but for some odd reason when you put your foot down fully it was ok...ish went like stink but if you were gentle it was very jerky and the dv valve was whistling like hell but it was like hitting a brick wall also the dv valve noise would drop off after a certain amount of revs. don't get me wrong the bloke tried everything in his power to solve it but just couldn't. but on the plus side on the first dyno/rolling road run it made 220hp and thats just with 98 ron and a neuspeed intake. once mapped it made 249.4bhp and i think 267 torques but can't remember if it was nm or ft-lb as i left the paperwork at the workshop :(. did look at shark and revo as i had a shark map on my 1.8t but i just want to try something different and revo's aftersales put me off abit. where as apr sound really good from what i found from another topic on here.and when you speak of the cruise stalk thing what do you mean by that as yes my car has that there but i don't understand how the map has affected the cruise control lol??

Edited by vrs 180t

The map doesn't affect the cruise control. The cruise switch can be used to switch between stock, 95, 98 and valet mode maps along with a security lockout feature that immobilises the car by way of turning off the throttle.

Mine armed itself in motion and I was understandably not very happy either with this problem or the way it was (or ultimately wasn't) resolved. I've now got something entirely different.

i'm currently running on apr stage 2+ .......touchwood, no issues encountered whatsoever.

very happy with the tune and how the car is behaving.

also got a very good apr dealer here in oz.

ohhhh i get it now so is that something you chose or did they do that but of course told about this feature ??

It's a standard feature on cars with cruise control. I knew I could arm the security system, I didn't think it would arm itself at speed. To set it and disable the throttle there's something like a 10 press sequence, there's no way you'd do that while driving.

• Like 1

my last car had a shark map - it showed up a problem with failing coil pack.  the car had been fine on the stock map but the extra needed for the re-map was causing a mis-fire.  the shark guys diagnosed the problem and ordered in a replacement while the car was on the ramp and fitted it - problem solved in about 30 minutes flat.

the question of "what map" comes up very often on this forum and it always seems that a choice based on location/price/power claims is probalby the wrong way to look at this  - you have to think "what will happen if something goes wrong" and for me a response like j0hn's above (its your fault) or "vrs 180t" (i don't know why its not working) is very poor.  

• Like 2

"vrs 180t" (i don't know why its not working) is very poor.  

i take it u mean the explanation i made of my recent remap which im not sure tbh as in terms of health my car seems fine just a possible leak on dv valve which is a type g. but it just felt like a merry go round. in the end i was getting quite worried as he was talking about pedal position and advanced timing etc and altho i understand most of it just something didn't feel right so i asked them to put back to stock. 

yep, that's my point exactly, with shark i felt confident they knew what they were doing and diagnosed issues / resolved the problem without getting me worried.

yep, that's my point exactly, with shark i felt confident they knew what they were doing and diagnosed issues / resolved the problem without getting me worried.

totally agree shark our top notch and i know the travel is worth it but after reading on apr and revo apr is close to what i like. claimed hp and torque is always one of those things that can be different on each car so i ain't taking it too much to heart just want the car to feel night and day not that its slow just like my last car have got used to it and is about time for abit more power :)