A rant about cars...........

Coops

Interesting comments guys, keep them coming!

Keep an eye out for a Jag 4x4 ;)

That'll be the CX17 then:

Jaguar-CX-17-1.jpg

You only have to go to Germany and see the number of X5's, Q7's and ML's fire past on the autobahns at crazy speeds to understand who RR are aiming for by lapping the Nurburgring.

Brand identity by itself doesn't sell cars. Creating cars people want and will buy pleases the shareholders.

That's it to a tee, silver1011. You'd have thought that people would buy the vast array of different spin offs of the Mini - WTF is a Paceman anyway (aside from Pacman with an "E" !)

Why are the german manufacturers hell bent on filling niches that don't exist.... 3 series GT and 4 series GranCoupe are similar cars doing what appears to be the same thing....

BMW seem to the "masters" at creating new niche markets - just look at the X6. I do actually, however, like the 3 Series GT.

Legislated and focus grouped to infinite grey blandness.

Edited by Aspman

The BMW dealers have always been very pleasant when I've been in. Treated SWMBO very well and offered her a decent deal when she bought.

Some of the drivers might leave a lot to be desired but I can't fault the local dealers.

• Like 1