FOLIATEC help... Tint spray rough matt finish?

ckracer76

Hi 

I've recently spray tinted the middle section of my rear light clusters to achieve a different GTI look.

However, the finish has come up rough or matt like compared to the glossy smooth it was originally.

Foliatec suggest nothing more than normal polish to bring out the gloss finish but it hasn't worked.  I've tried a T-cut compound but again no use.

Should I try a clear coat over the top to achieve the desired finish? or something else.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly received.

Pic attached

Christian 

post-97987-0-40289500-1406889260_thumb.jpg

Yes I think I'll buy the Foliatec tint remover spray, remove all the tint and sell these rear clusters on ebay.

Then I'll buy the FL rear lights instead  :coffee:  :S which look way better! maybe the LED versions I've seen.

Update: As I had nothing to lose I went out with some fine wet and dry sandpaper and some Farecla G3 Pro Paint Renovator polish and I've managed to achieve a smooth finish without removing the tint.

Probably should have tried this first.