Black edn VS Monte Carlo (not the same as sport) comparison please!

kemmed

Hey guys, posted yesterday to say I had ordered a black edn citigo yesterday. Today another dealership came back to me with a slightly more competitive offer for a black Monte Carlo citigo. I told him that the reason that I had not been interested in it was because of the sport stripe down the bonnet (personal taste, I know some prefer it). He replied to say that I was thinking of the citigo sport and that the Monte Carlo is in fact a separate edn and I could get it in black without said bonnet sticker.

My end goal is to have a nice black on black citigo that I will make my own little touches to later. So my question is... Can anyone make a like for like comparison/ which one should I go for if the price is equal???

Thanks,

Mark

Personally I'd go for the monte over the black edition. The monte has the the sports bumpers, I believe and has a nicer steering wheel and gloss black dash. I'm also not sure what extra kit the black has over the monte.

Good stuff anyone got a link for the interior of either. Getting any info on the black edn is like pulling teeth! I think on the strength of the steering wheel alone I may have to make arrangements. Thankfully I have a while to decide.

I haven't seen much info on the black either buy on the specs skoda have mentioned the monte seems to have the same spec just better presented lol.

I can't believe that skoda are charging the price they are for the black v monte. Surely something is amiss there??

Ok said had more words today, the monte carlo in black is actually slightly superior to the black edn. Its has sports suspension, piano black dash and black and red two tone trim, sports pedals, custom sils, a spoiler and a nice flat bottomed leather stearing wheel. (Me likey). The dealer said they would be willing to waive the cost of the black pearlescent paint for the monte carlo if im serious. Also the rims are different between the two. The one other thing was thst the black edn is offered at 0% finance and the MC at 2.9% something like that. Which over the the course of a 3 or 4 year lease works out at roughly a £500 difference.

Still a bit off before i am in a position to get either as i am away for a few months until early december. I think i might just wait. Probably a good time of year to buy (slow month in dealer land i have been told by friends). Still its going to be a very nice little christmas prezzie to myself!

Monte Carlo all the way ;)

Even at the 2.9% it's still a good rate!

Looks great with the spoilers etc too.

Love mine :)

Old spoon if yours is a monte carlo citigo would you mind posting or PM me a few pics would be a good help can find any non computer generated ones!

Even if the monte came with a bonnet stripe you could always have had it removed! That's what I did on my Sport! (I tell myself that Skoda saw my stripe-less sport and thought it looked so good they would not have one on the monte haha)

• Like 3

Is this really true? I haven't seen the sports pedals mentioned anywhere or in any pictures I've seen on the Monte?

Your right i misread one of the sites referring to other monte carlo editions. So ive been having a decent look at all the VAG city cars. The UP has been ruled out because it is frankly over priced and really my choices have been between the black edition that i then put add-ons to in order to get the a very similar car to the monte (lowered suspension, leather wheel set etc etc) or to get the monte. For both i have also thrown in the the convenience pack and the spare wheel. Tonight how ever i stumbled upon the seat mii by mango which are being offer up on the same pcp as the citigo and have some pretty unique features such as alcantara interior, black wheels and lots. They have made a pretty nice car, my worry is that its a little too feminine for me :/ suppose i could alway get it debadged and the likes.