Engine Oil Loss on a 2014 Fabia VRS

Have you been checking and topping up during running in,?

Some use no oil, but you can expect some higher than normal oil consumption in the first 3,000 miles.  (5,000 km)  As you get told in the Owners Manual.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Only checked every other week but just noticed the loss over that last few weeks. Never topped up as I didn't expect that much of a loss. Dealer can sort it out as that's what I expect from them. As for the owners hand book, still in the plastic cover.....LOL.

You don't say how many miles from new?

To give you an idea of an oil issue my dipstick was coming out clean (no oil) one week and 400 miles after picking it up.

A small amount over a period of 3 months may be normal. My parents 2010 Punto requires 200ml or so of oil every 3k ish miles which is well within tolerance.

You don't say how many miles from new?

To give you an idea of an oil issue my dipstick was coming out clean (no oil) one week and 400 miles after picking it up.

A small amount over a period of 3 months may be normal. My parents 2010 Punto requires 200ml or so of oil every 3k ish miles which is well within tolerance.

indeed, so do the octy vRS's ect .... just because some cars don't use oil (like my 23 y/o eunos!) doesn't mean its not acceptable if thats what the manufacturers say....

my CTHE vRS has 24,000 miles on now, and uses about a litre every 5,000 miles on average, which really is ok! that DOES NOT mean there is anything wrong! lol.......

in my car the harder I drive it the less oil it uses, and the more gentle it gets driven the more it uses...... (no oil used in a FULL track day that took a whole tank of 99 tescos fuel! lol) proper abuse!!!!!!

enjoy your car Phill , and I would suggest not to top up all the time as the dipstick is notoriously finnicky! wait till its approching minimum ;)

shark (everyone has different opinions, this is mine!)

• Like 1

From the bottom of the dipstick how much oil is required to fill the top? At 16000miles it was just below half i put in a litre which took it to the top. Done 2500 miles checked it tonight and its rock bottom next to plastic part. Due service in 300miles not sure what to think

It took me 1.3 litres to take it from just being on the Bottom Orange ball, to the top of the CrossHatch when checked hot. after putting in 1.2 litres then the bit more.

(That is back to the level where the oil had been with a Hot Check with 3.6 litres in.)

Be very careful not to overfill.

Cheers gents. 5000 miles from new. Had the car to the dealer and they checked her over to ensure the engine had all the lasted pipework etc on. Topped up by 350ml so not as bad as the dipstick indicated. I will be monitoring on a weekly basis from ow on.