The engine stopped during driving

I have Octavia 1.8 TSI elegance with 36k km only. during driving the car in 80 km/h the engine suddenly stopped and battery sign show on display. did some one heard about this problem. what could be the reason for this safety failure?
the dealer said it is matter of s/w update.???

Never heard of that, not going at a reasonable speed. If you can sort the problem with a software update great but I would be concerned about it happening again.

• 1 year later...

Another possible instance of a dealer saying 'software update'.

Do they know if it is indeed a software issue? Has the fault been diagnosed properly?

Another thread on here mentions Aircon nit working and the dealer said it's a software problem. Now this.

What's the next thread...total brake failure resulting in a major collision...dealer says it's a software update that's need.

If a software issue killed my car at 80kph I'd be claiming unfit for pupise/dangerous etc. Ridiculous claim from the dealer, it shows they have zero competence beyond their computer

• Like 1