I have a 2009 Octavia vRS CR TDI.

Yesterday while on the M25 the car flashed up 'Engine Fault Go To Workshop' the orange spring light on dash was constantly flashing and car was immediately down on power, I think the Turbo isn't kicking in so sluggish to drive.

Got to services ok and got a bite to eat and when I started the car fault was gone, car drove ok but 10 minutes later it happened again. This morning fault has gone and not returned, so drive it mildly to my mates who has a scanner ( not VCDS ) and the fault code P0299 is registered in the memory.

Any ideas on where to start to solve this would be great.

Cheers

Also don't know if it's related but car was serviced last month and they mentioned a gasket on the EGR was slightly leaking and said I should replace it. The part number is 03G 131 547 C.

Could this gasket cause the issues and code I described.

Cheers

Thanks again for the help. I just went out to have a quick look at the car and noticed oily greasy gunk on a pipe at the front of the engine. I have attached a picture but it is hard to see.

It's the pipe that runs down next to the dipstick.

Does anyone know what this pipe is for and could it be related or is this another issue I have found. It's the pipe to left of the dipstick with the white markings and metal clip on it

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I finally got a VCDS scan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (CEG)       Labels: 03L-906-022-CBA.clb
   Part No SW: 03L 906 022 RE    HW: 03L 906 022 GA
   Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG  4874  
   Revision: 13H01---    Serial number:               
   Coding: 0000078
   Shop #: WSC 46396 133 11833
   VCID: 79FDE9D74949

1 Fault Found:
000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached
               P0299 - 000 -  -  - MIL ON
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 11100000
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 6
                    Mileage: 133930 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2123.14.13
                    Time: 12:55:05

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 2622 /min
                    Speed: 80.0 km/h
                    Load: 89.4 %
                    Absolute Pres.: 2499.0 mbar
                    Absolute Pres.: 1723.8 mbar
                    Lambda: 86.8 %
                    Lambda: 40.2 %

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help on where to start looking appreciated.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the reply. Had a look at the Ross tech Wiki and will check the Vacuum pipes first off.

Whereabouts are the vacuum pipes located (general area) as not so knowledgable about turbo cars. Will there be any noticible leak (oil or crap near holes) or is it just a case of being lucky to find a hole if there is one.

Thanks again

• Thanks 1

Just had this issue on my Petrol VRS, was driving me nuts!!!  Same fault code, sometimes it felt as if it wasn't making any boost, really sluggish. And other times it would by fine if not a little peaky.

Tried all the usual culprits, checked the diverter valve, replaced the n75 with a new vag part, was starting to think it could by an actuator or worse even a turbo fault.

Read on another forum it could be a faulty signal from a dirty maf or air temp sensor. Seemed a bit too easy, but removed them both and gave them a good drenching with the trusty break cleaner.  Low and behold she's back to her normal self.

Seems too obvious but I would seriously recommend giving it a try. Feel a bit stupid for not looking there first

• 2 weeks later...