Daymo's Mk1 Fabia VRS

Daymo666

Hey guys,

I thought I'd start a thread on my Fabia, just to keep a log of everything I've done/am going to do in the near future, here goes!!

I got the car on the 12th July, she has 157k on her, pretty much a full service history upto 120k and various receipts after that for serviceable items etc so I know it's been mechanically looked after.

Body wise it's got a few scuffs and dings, but they don't really bother me at the moment!

So it was pretty much standard apart from a kenwood head unit when I got her

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Then a loud bang occurred while driving to work, turned out the be the connection on the top of the SMIC, so I bought an airtec FMIC, as I'm wanting to up the power in the near future.

image-2.jpg

Fitted some black depo headlights/6000K hid's/led sidelights at the same time while the front end was in pieces

image-3.jpg

Then these arrived....

image-4.jpg

Fitted them, along with an LCR splitter and some team heko wind deflectors.

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

Then got some octavia spiders, excuse the balloon tyres and poor condition, either going to get them powder coated or buy some polished tt comps, just can't decide at the moment!!

image-7.jpg

Saw the s2000 filter mod,so bought one of them and a fuel filter/oil filter/and fresh oil and treated her to a service, can't go wrong for £42 for the lot delivered next day!!!

image-8.jpg

Recently got a mattig debadged grill and I've removed the rear wiper and fitted a Citroen c2 stubby aerial to keep the standard rubber aerial look. Haven't got any pictures since but I'll be sure to take some soon.

Future plans:-

- Allard EGR delete and hard pipe to intercooler kit.

- Us sidelight mod

- wheel colour change or new wheels

- 312mm front brakes and 256mm rears

- Remap

- few little touches until I save up for some bigger mods!

Edited by Daymo666

Yesterday I did a few things, decided to do the big bumper mod, and I also fitted my new style badge for the boot, and my pressed plates as my logbook came back in the post with my private reg now applied :)

Before:-

image-9.jpg

After:-

image-10.jpg

Will get some more pictures after a wash and polish today hopefully :)

Coming along quickly! Looks good :)

This car has made me enjoy car ownership again, so I'm not reluctant to throw money at it. I had a scooby before this and everything that could possibly go wrong with a car, did!

The top grille looks good. I have one of them too :) although I'm in the process of modifying mine

You need an inter cooler now to go behind the wide mouth :)

I'm tempted to modify mine and use the same mesh as the bumper so it looks the same. And I do have an intercooler, read my first post :) it's just black that's why you can't see it!

I wanted black pipes aswell but they didn't have any in stock, I'll probably get them powder coated all at once when I get the hard pipe kit from the EGR to intercooler bought.

Fitted my huge number plate on the front today, any bets on how long I can go without getting a nice fine from the police? XD

image-11.jpg

I lasted about 10 months before I got slapped with a £100 fine mate. Not worth it IMO.

I do have a pressed metal plate, but I'm not sure how that will look when it's bent round the bumper.

Also won these yesterday, once these are fitted I'll take the rear adjusters out and wind the fronts down a bit more. Then that's the exterior of the car pretty much looking how I want it.

image-12.jpg

Got some other plans in the pipeline, but all will be revealed around this time next month....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pressed plate is cable tied to the mesh :)

I want my plate to the side though, as I prefer the big mouth uncovered. I'll probably get a full size stick on one ordered this week :)

I want my plate to the side though, as I prefer the big mouth uncovered. I'll probably get a full size stick on one ordered this week :)

I've been considering a bike number plate, 9 x 7 or 9 x 6.5 I think they are. Not sure if they are legal on cars though.

I've been considering a bike number plate, 9 x 7 or 9 x 6.5 I think they are. Not sure if they are legal on cars though.

I might have to look into those then aswell

I might have to look into those then aswell

They aren't legal, looks as though a square plate on a car is around 11 x 8 or slightly smaller than an A4 piece of paper :)

They aren't legal, looks as though a square plate on a car is around 11 x 8 or slightly smaller than an A4 piece of paper :)

Aww that sucks, it's not legal to keep it in your windscreen either is it?

Fitted the new wheels today, and put the shotgun cartridges over the bolts, happy with how it's looking now, probably gonna take the rear adjusters out and lower it a bit more at the front on Sunday :)

image-15.jpg

image-16.jpg