Scout torque settings

Can anyone tell me what the torque settings are for the rear hub nut on a 07 plate Scout, seems to be several about now I have started looking!

The one I have is 180 Nm + 180 degrees.

Is the procedure any different on the 4x4 than the FWD?

Thanks for any help with this, bits are coming Monday with a bit of luck!

Did the job today, not so easy on a 4x4 as the shaft gets in the way of the spanner to remove the hub, we overcome this by undoing the top mount and pulling the stub outwards until we had enough clearance.

A lot quieter now with new hub, the old one fell apart when we took it out, looked like water ingress.

I would put pics up but can't see how!

Great result!

Pic's would be good to see, you need to use a hosting site such as PhotoBucket, load your pictures on there and then copy the links into your posts on here. It's quick and easy once registered.

Just out of interest what were the tell tale signs that the hub was in need of replacement?

Water ingress? Was this the passenger side i.e. the side most likely to be in the puddles?

post-115536-0-45982400-1409009574_thumb.jpgpost-115536-0-21027500-1409009613_thumb.jpg

See if this works!

Strangely it was the off side!

It started making a humming sound and very slowly got worse, no play at all but just this noise that got louder the faster I went!

As you can see the bearings fell apart when we took the hub off, glad I did this before heading for Scotland tomorrow!

The wet on the hub is easing oil, that took a bit of hammering off, moved it round a bit then got a chisel in there! Sand paper was used to clean it out before replacing.

post-115536-0-76718200-1409010040_thumb.jpg