Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI [2012] GEARBOX CHANGE

Hi,was talking to a chap last night that is a proud owner of a octavia 1.6 TDI dsg,year 2012,he was telling me at 75,000 km he decided to go to a skoda garage to get the gearbox oil changed,he left the car in to the garage in the morning and arranged to collect it in the afternoon,well come midday the mechanic from the garage rang him to tell him the gearbox in that model was a sealed gearbox and  the oil in it cant be changed,is this true i would like to know,surely every automatic gearbox oil has to be changed sometime in its lifetime.

This varient of the DSG is "dry", at least the clutchpacks are dry.

BUT!

There IS oil in the mechatronic unit, cos I got mine changed from synthetic to mineral, per a Skoda organised service/recall campaign.

cheers

m

I booked my 1.6TDI 7 speed DSG in for an oil and filter on the gearbox a couple of months ago, later in the day the garage called me to say they had cancelled the booking as this was not required on my car, it has done 40,000 miles.

I contacted Skoda who confirmed that it was a maintenance free unit.

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs