1.2 TSI Faulty timing chain

Hey,

I've read of a lot of issues with the Octavia mk2 1.2 TSI timing chain problems. The MK3 1.2 TSI engine is a new version of the same engine. Is anyone here with this motor had any problems with this engine (rattling noise, cold start failure to start, uneven idle ). Let me know if you have any additional information/opinions on this.

It doesn't have a chain, it has a belt! And redesigned from the ground up :)

Better to think of it as a completely different engine with the same capacity. In any case though, it's too new to know if there any problems that will crop up further down the line.

Belts are way harder wearing nowadays and do not require changing at 60k miles like they used to.

Even my wifes old 2007 Astra 1.6 VVT doesnt warrant a replacement until 10 years/100k miles as per the handbook.....though i'll still be inclined to do it in the next year or two despite only having covered 48k.