I want Follow me home for my spaceback ? anyone an idea

Hummm...

Am I missing something here?

I don't understand the title and this thread was supposed to be started by waskom but I can only see a post from MickA.

I'm tired but not this much!

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I think somthing went wrong with sending my message.

My post was:

I have a spaceback 1.4 tsi elegance without light sensor.

Is it possible to activate the follow me home fuction in the vag-com or not ? A garage here in Turkey told me that they can do that in vag-com but I didn´t trust them and it was very expensive.

So my question to you guys is: What can I do to have the follow me home function when I lock and unlock by remoted key ?

I need to have this function getting worked because it is very dark in our parking garage. My previous car had got it also and it was very useful.

Edited by waskom

I know for a fact that the feature doesn't work on my golf when it isn't set to 'auto' lights. So I'm guessing if you don't have auto lights then you most likely don't have the ability to set this.

I bought the light sensor on my rapid that I'm picking up today, if mine has it set by default then I shall let you know.

• Like 1

Where do you live?

Sorry I couldn't resist, my attempt at being witty.

Now I see were you live I won't be following you home :no:

Edited by MickA

so you have light sensor installed? can you post a picture of it?

do lights stay on also when you lock the car (comming home) or just when you unlock it (leaving home)?

do you have ch/lh option also in maxidot so you can configure the time for this two options?

Sorry I don't have a picture at the moment, it's too dark to take one now but I have the light sensor installed on my car. At the moment they only work for unlocking the car however when I take my car in I will ask them to enable the coming home lights. The maxidot does not have the option, I know because my golf mark 6 did have the option so I know where to look.

The only pictures I have are: http://imgur.com/a/YdkNu

On the picture of the front of my car, zoom in and look at the rear view mirror. You can just about see the sensor below it.

Actually I just locked my golf and they didn't come on. I'd say the going home lights are enabled when you park the car and lock it.

Because I have to go drive mine somewhere and park it to see that I'll do it tomorrow and report back. I'm pretty sure it'll be enabled.

I found out that you need auto lights because the other day my lights were set off the auto option and when I unlocked the car, I wondered why they didn't light up and it was because the dial wasn't on 'auto'.

Edited by mcdl