OBD2 Fault P0172

So finally got an offical VW MAF for my car reset the fault codes... the ASR light went off and I drove around 100miles without any fault coming up... then today the dreaded engine light is back on:

P0172: System too Rich (Bank 1)

I have no idea what part to look to next? Anyone help out?

Thanks,

Fionn

I'm a newbie but today posted about what I thought was a turbo fault with erratic revs, and just tonight got a vag code reader saying exact same thing , system to lean bank 1, but other than my turbo issue my car runs perfect, has your car got any problems that effects the driving or just the engine light on the dash that's pointed you too get the code read ?

I'm a newbie but today posted about what I thought was a turbo fault with erratic revs, and just tonight got a vag code reader saying exact same thing , system to lean bank 1, but other than my turbo issue my car runs perfect, has your car got any problems that effects the driving or just the engine light on the dash that's pointed you too get the code read ?

No the car drives just fine to be honest I did have a faulty MAF before which caused some revs issues but thats sorted now.

Edited by fionny

Mines driving me insane , still trying to figure out what's happening , have a look at my thread turbo issues and recommendations, it's a nightmare, and quick question did you get your maf from gsf or tps parts? Think I'm going to change mine as it's gonna be trial and error but it's definetly saying system too lean , so hopeing it's maybe related to my other issue then,

I've had it in a local garage today , he ran some basic checks, he confirms no leaks and says what I've already seen on here that system too lean can mean various problems it could be, I'm goin away for a few days so have to book it in elsewhere for further checks when I'm back, thanks

I got the MAF off ebay, bought an offical part from a scrappers... will do the job for a while... saved myself 80GBP :) Wonder would it be vacumm / breathers for my car too, given I dont have an rev issues.

Yeah I've looked thus morning , £100 for a Bosch one, but I'm off away for few days so not thinking about it till I'm back, thanks for the pointers , I will update my post when I hopefully get it running correctly,