Aux in jack point failure

I use the aux in jack in the centre console to play my DAB radio, but it has started to only play through the right hand speakers. I've tried different players and different cables but the fault remains the same. Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement jack point? I can get the point out of the console and disconnect it from the wiring, but I can't find anything on ebay or the internet in general.

You could try ebay item 271587859897. But as there is no guarantee it is the socket itself, its probably worth checking the wiring from the socket first, running through the centre console, to the back of the head unit. There are three shielded wires, left, right and earth and it sounds like the left wire is either broken, or not properly connected at either the socket or head unit end.

Thanks Adamal I think I'll give it a try. I suspect it is the actual plug is because on my first attempt to get it out it started to work again, but failed again within a day. If I pull the male connector from by accessory out a little I do get something from the left speakers, but nothing when it is all the way in. I've tried a squirt of WD40 but to no avail.

if its been used a lot it could just be a bent pin, or a pin that no longer makes contact within the jack. If you can get access to the inner workings, you may just need to bend the appropriate pin slightly so it makes contact with the plug properly again.

• 2 weeks later...