What is the best measure of our tires for Fabia VRs? 205,215,225

EduVRS

We all know that the car loses much traction when accelerating hard.
I have 205/40/17 and jump much traction control. I think a 215 will not solve the problem long and maybe a 225 is the right size, but is there much difference in weight between 215 and 225? the car would win in the 225 stability and traction but would lose in performance?

-I have installed ITG induction kit , TMC tuning box(7) ,  and H&R 35/40

Edited by EduVRS

The LSD is not going to make much difference when accelerating hard from a stand still in the Twincharger.

(The brochures already say there is a LSD & not just the XDS)

Do you accelerate with Traction Control on or off.?

Off is nice.

If you have good roads and warm conditions, get good sticky tyres in 205 or 215.

Maybe a Road Legal Track tyre.

I would not go 225, but if you do, let us know how they are.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

You could also try switching up the xds to the full level using a vcds cable? Seems to help traction as well as cornering. I tried it but didn't much like the smell of frying brake pads (or was it clutch linings) so reverted to the softer setting again

I am convinced and put 215/40, what brand recommended for warm weather?
I always have the traction control on, if you turn off would be even worse!
another question, how much weigh the Gigaro?

If you have Traction Control on and the tyres spin, then the Power Can be cut, so you are slower accelerating anyway.

TC off and you control the Acceleration, have on good tyres, and then you are likely to be getting on quicker.

A Gigaro with a 215/40 R 17 tyre on was 19.5 KG when i weighed one.

im running these: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s103p111331/Vredestein_Tyres_Car_Vredestein_Ultrac_Sessanta_-_215_40_R17_87Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_1_Noise%3A_67dB

big improvement over my continental contact 3s which i was running prior, i was usually spinning through 1st and then a little into second, in the dry, and hitting the limiter upto around 100mph in 4th then into 5th in the damp, which as we know, isnt too safe now is it...

now i have spin through first, flooring it, but its not sit there and spin, you actually move, then zero slip in second, in the wet, i spin 3rd and a little in 4th but nothing too bad!

good tyres, best ive tried so far, and cheap!

I thought they were heavier, Gigaro are very well, but still weight difference between the two, especially in the area which is where most penalized weight, advise what tires?

I have budgets all round, really grotty ones in fact.

I have zero wheelspin setting off in the wet. :)

.............not going very fast like, but no slip :rofl:

The Bridgestone turanza's seem to handle the power and torque of my 1.2 htp in anything other than an oily wet road, snow or ice.

Must be quite good tyres. Its packing 70hp yanno.

This Months 'EVO'.  Magazine. (201 / Novmber)  

Has a pretty comprehensive Tyre Test.  and they have some interesting Results.

As much as i have slagged the Pirelli Zero Nero in a 205/40 R 17, very hard and vague IMO. (They needed run in longer than i gave them)

i have put on a set in 215/40 R17 's,  due to how well the 205's have stood up to bad road surfaces, and no wear even when used sportingly,

which has been a real surprise.

I would not say they are what you need, but they feel OK on my car.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Talking about tyres, anyone tried ordering 215 / 40 Rain Sport 3 from F1 Auto Centre? Currently they're out of stock so I've order some but got a great deal £358 fully fitted for 4 from one of their fitting centres which was £50 cheaper than off their website which I thought was good value anyway. Downsight is I'm sure they'll try to sell me all sorts of extras when I go in though.