retrofit steering wheel and dsg paddle

syax

Hi Guys,

i've an MK2 Fabia Vrs with the 3-spoke leather steering wheel without DSG paddle in short this steering wheel

http://images.cardekho.com/car-images/carinteriorimages/large/Skoda/Skoda-Fabia-Scout/skoda-fabia-scout-steering-wheel-054.jpg

i'd like to have the DSG paddle but in skoda official workshop told me that this was not possible at all (not any price.. nothing, impossible!) but i think it's not..

i'd like to fit this type of steering wheel from new fabia/octavia with the paddle

http://blobproxy-cdn.skoda-auto.com/wwk2-sitecollectionimages/models/new-octavia/octavia/octavia-rs/new-overview/octavia-rs-technology-05-thumbnail_201402121332.jpg

or something like Golf GTI withflat bottom if possible always with paddle

it is so hard to do this?

thanks

Francesco

Welcome to the forum.

I had never heard that they Built a MK2 vRS with DSG and with no Paddles

Or do you mean no Steering Wheel Control for the Radio, CD ?

If it is the Paddles for the DSG, is this something Unique to the vRS for Italy, or has the Steering wheel maybe already been changed?

When was your car built, and have you had it from new?

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

I'd quite like a paddle steering wheel for my wife's 1.2 tsi dsg.

Changing up in sport mode is a pain as you have to go back to D and it changes up. No point revving to red line as no power there!

Hi George thanks for the answer

i bought the car from the main official VW italy dealer which is located in Verona as zero km car, so i was unable to select optional i bought asis just like a used car.

i refer to the DSG paddle no question about it, i don't have also radio comand but i don't care about i'd love to have the DSG paddle, which was an option (at least i guess) when the car was registered for the first time.

if in other country the paddle are always included with the DSG, just imagine that i have a fabia 1.2 TSI with DSG but no paddle, i think i'm on the same boat. i don't think they swapped out the paddle, i don't see any reason to do it

cheers

EDIT: yeah just like "Ad Lav" said, i've a Vrs configured as a 1.2 dsg but no paddle..

Edited by syax

Someone will know for certain,  but s far as i know paddles were not an Option on a vRS,  they were fitted as standard.

I see from your other post that it is a 2010 car.

Maybe get in touch with Skoda CZ HQ rather than a Dealership.   It is rather unusual that your car is fitted with that steering wheel.

As to the comment about moving a gearstick back to 'S', & back to 'D' for up changes.

'S' makes the DSG work in 6 gears and hold the revs..

If you want the Shifts, down and up, then why go to 'S',  just move the stick left, the Changes are there, and 7 gears.

Edited by goneoffSKi

thank you i'll do it.

however i'm pretty sure here in italy the paddle were an option.. i hear that i should swap also the ecu behind the steering wheel but maybe i'll get some problem with the ecu coding or something liek that..

In the Republic of Ireland the paddles were an option.  Both my dealer and I only discovered this when the car I ordered arrived without them.  I rejected the car and offered Skoda the chance to fit the correct wheel with paddles however they told me it wasn't possible so I had to reorder a new car all over again.  Absolute nightmare!

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on.

Edited by fletch555
  • Like 1

In the Republic of Ireland the paddles were an option.  Both my dealer and I only discovered this when the car I ordered arrived without them.  I rejected the car and offered Skoda the chance to fit the correct wheel with paddles however they told me it wasn't possible so I had to reorder a new car all over again.  Absolute nightmare!

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on.

"Nice" to hear someone with same problem

if you get that response too, i'm sscared about retrofitting