I'm outta here

Smudgerii

NO PM's PLEASE, I CAN'T SELL ON HERE.

Car is going Tuesday, it will still have the RARB fitted.

Whoever I offended with my offer of someone removing the RARB and taking it away at a very cheap price (£40 would have been top price), please take a bow and maybe let the member from Blackpool know it was you that caused him to lose out.

In the strictest of terms yes it was selling, and I'm not freedom, but actually all I was trying to do was give people a chance to pick up a 3 month old upgrade that I didn't want possibly going to waste...

Rules is rules, I've had my ticking off, and someone has a self satisfying grin somewhere. I will no longer own a Skoda so goodbye folks and thanks to those that provided assistance when requested.

I have to say, the selling rules on here are very draconian and nigh on useless.  I use a fair few owners forums and places liek civic owners i have sold loads of stuff including cars.  But here its all over the shot.  shame as means you can't get many parts for your Skoda, more chance on ebay and we know how ****e that is.

Think the above post was actually a good honest person offering somebody a good deal.  So seems silly to make a big deal out of it.  Surely thats the idea of an owners site, to pass on deals to fellow owners when possible.  

Whoever I offended with my offer of someone removing the RARB and taking it away at a very cheap price (£40 would have been top price), please take a bow and maybe let the member from Blackpool know it was you that caused him to lose out.

In the strictest of terms yes it was selling, and I'm not freedom, but actually all I was trying to do was give people a chance to pick up a 3 month old upgrade that I didn't want possibly going to waste...

Rules is rules, I've had my ticking off, and someone has a self satisfying grin somewhere. I will no longer own a Skoda so goodbye folks and thanks to those that provided assistance when requested.

The site has to be paid for, & charging a very small fee to do so seems fair to me :)

You mention eBay, as far as I know you have to pay to sell on there aswell.

• Like 1

Look, no need to be disgruntled about the whole thing.

I do feel for you, going through the rigmarole of a faulty car and engine change only (and understandably) to loose faith in the car and want to trade in. 

Briskoda is a fantastic community. We have rules regarding the selling of items. Being a Freedom member not only provides much need funding to keep the site online and growing, but also as a form of security against fraudsters and the like... they wont want to fork up £12 to take the risk of trying to undertake fraudulent activities..

What you are offering is a great deal, no denying that. Join up, sell the item on here through the correct method and then stick around! There are lots of non-SKoda owners who contribute to the community and are more than welcome!

• Like 4

Bit dramatic and indulgent to put this post up just to say you don't like the rules.

Yes your offer may have come from a good place, can't argue that but there are multitude of reasons that a site will have these rules, not all of them commercial.  As said above a lot of it is about protecting other users.  So does that make the sites with no controls better? I would say not.

It's easy to complain when the rules don't work out in our favour and on the flip side most of the time when they are working for us, you don't even notice.

• Like 2

I'll happily take that bow you mention as I reported your post for non freedom selling.

I, along with many many others, pay a more than fair price to support such a great website as it's been a fantastic resource to me for the last 7 years and has also introduced me to some great people who I'm happy to call friends. IMO it's just not fair when people try and shy out of paying such an insignificant amount to be able to sell things to a very targeted audience.

As you say, rules is rules and I seem to remember your post even said "Please remove if this if it's against the rules", so why the hissy fit?

Seriously, man up and get over it.

• Like 4

Renew each year, or you can even buy 2 years worth for £20. You usually get an email reminder when its running out.

Thanks, I'll purchase one once I'm off my works PC which blocks me from making purchases. Watch this space, going to sell all my crap on here. Only joking!

Bye.

@niceyellowvrs you beat me to it reporting non-freedom advertising. I acknowledge your bow.

• Like 1