Undecided... Citigo OR Fabia.

GreyBear

Over the past week I've test driven a Fabia and a Citigo, and liked them both. Advantages for both... The Citigo is likely more economical, and the 1.2 Fabia has a bit more power to it.

Does anyone know anything about the OVER 20% OFF FABIA DEAL?

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/fabia-9595/Pages/fabia-9595.aspx

I just wondered - are these older (not registered) models? The car is listed as 69PS, but if you looked into configuring a Fabia from scratch the engine size is listed as 60PS initially, not 69PS.

Hello, well the offer is what it is, its £9595 for a brand new unregistered Fabia 1.2SE which is a strong deal in my opinion.  On that car you can also have a 7.9% PCP and free servicing for the agreements duration.

So the money you save through that may out-way the fuel savings of a Citigo quite considerably! 

• Like 1

The Fabia II is at the end of its life, however I feel it is still the better car, the old 1.2HTP seems a stronger and more willing engine than the replacement 1.0 in the CityGo.

Re the 60PS engine then that is only fitted to the base spec S trim, many of which find themselves on dealer forecourts following initial rental or loan car use.

TP

• Like 1

I've test driven the Citigo twice now (not Greentech). Would have been once, but it was rush hour on the duel carraigeway so didn't get chance to see what it could do at speed. Went back a couple of days later - dealer let me take it out alone. I actually loved it. Obviously it had some limitation, but generall thought it did pretty well - was very impressed with it's ability. The 20% off the Fabia is a good offer (granted) but would prefer something more econimical overall - the Citigo may win. We shall see :sweat:

300 miles into life with my Citigo and absolutely love it. If size isn't an issue (fnaar, fnaar) then I would recommend one. We also have a Fabia but my views on that may be skewed because it is a vRS!

• Like 1

300 miles into life with my Citigo and absolutely love it. If size isn't an issue (fnaar, fnaar) then I would recommend one. We also have a Fabia but my views on that may be skewed because it is a vRS!

How have you found yours manages on the motorway, matey? Honestly...

Plus how would you rate the stereo sound quality? ;)

Even though its an older design I'd say the fabia will be the better all rounder, especially if you do any long journeys. If you're still undecided have another longer test drive in both not forgetting to carry passengers if you normally do. If you're not aiming to keep the car longer than 3 years check out what the depreciation will be too. Also check when you can pay off the finance but still keep the free servicing as that will save you a few quid. Good luck.

• Like 2

How have you found yours manages on the motorway, matey? Honestly...

Plus how would you rate the stereo sound quality? ;)

I did a 250 mile trip on Snday mainly on motorway and dual carriageway, the first half with my 18 year old lad and all his worldly possessions on board and it was fine. On the way home after dropping him and all his stuff off the car had no trouble cruising along at 70. And managed 52 mpg as well.

Mutt car had the upgraded stereo which is ok. I miss DAB and haven't yet tried the CD player or iPod connection.

I did a 250 mile trip on Snday mainly on motorway and dual carriageway, the first half with my 18 year old lad and all his worldly possessions on board and it was fine. On the way home after dropping him and all his stuff off the car had no trouble cruising along at 70. And managed 52 mpg as well.

Mutt car had the upgraded stereo which is ok. I miss DAB and haven't yet tried the CD player or iPod connection.

Cheers, tweenster.

The Fabia aside, I've also test driven the Suzuki Alto (deal at minute is £6999 with air con). Cheaper than the Citigo - though comfort lessoned slightly. I think the Citigo is a stockier, more solid car though. My choice at the minute is between these two. Will I be tempted by a £3000 saving? We shall see.

• Like 1

Having had both, got to say I'll never have a more fun car than the citigo, just not enough power, and easy to get bullied about. More happy with my value for money well spec'd Fabia Monte Carlo! A big recommend! Great handling, quiet and a quick 1.2 tsi!

• Like 1