New Scout

I was wondering about this too, is there an adblue filler?

Also just wondering how you find the seat material, does it seem likely to last and be easy to clean?

According to this article, the smaller VAG cars have a Lean NOx trap (i.e. DPF) - so no Adblue:

http://www.dieselcarmagazine.co.uk/features/euro-6-understanding-the-new-regulations/

Edited by Black_Sheep

1,000 Smile Miles so far. The mk 3 Scout feels a better car than my Mk 2 - and that was very good. I love the D.S.G. and in my ignorance did not realise how versatile this box of tricks was. The car inside and out feels and looks well put together. More passenger room and very comfortable. The lane assist works okay ( not spec'd) . Not tried the park assist yet. 

I would be interested in your comments on - stop/start - it works exactly as it should, but I'm concerned that stop/starting a cold diesel engine is not good - especially with DPF?

Yes you can turn it off if you can remember every time you turn on the ignition. The seats look great now but will the Alcantara wear well?

The 1,000 miles covered have been very varied - about 350 motorway - 4 fishing trips - green lanes with muddy tracks and the rest just general runarounds. On 1 motorway run 200 mile round trip it returned 54MPG on the computer, about 4 MPG more than my mk 2 diesel. On a 20 mile run on A & B roads at a steady 30/60mpg again 53 MPG.

I have waited a long time for this car to get to market and if you are considering a Scout - you won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

Looks very nice indeed - in fact both of them do!

I wouldn't worry about the alcantara seats - are they half leather/half alcantara? My Superb has these and 80k miles on the alcantara hasn't worn at all. Coupled with the seat heating I find them better than full leather.

Far more likely that the leather will wear on the bolsters than damage to alcantara. After wear on Mk2 VRS with black alcantara / red stitching after just 12000 miles, I have religiously treated the leather sections on my current cars every month with leather cleaner / conditioner. After using many products over the years, the Skoda branded cleaner is very good and not too expensive.

Grabbed some pics of my new Scout this morning. This replaces my MkII Scout and so far I'm quite impressed with this version - apart from the cheapo speakers.

Lovely looking car.  Is that Candy white or Laser? Looks like Laser to me.

It's Candy white. White works really well with this car - much more than it did with the mkII.

Yup I think it looks great in white.

Seriously considering one here to replace the trusty Mk 1 Octy now with spaceship mileage but just cant bring myself to do it. Its the 4th one i've had, and having a brand new car would be a big culture shock and change to the system. Did it once with first Octavia when they were still viewed with scepticism by the masses and the finance offers were good, but vowed never again. Wifey would love one but at that price the money would buy a nice Aston DB7 or go a long way towards a s/h Aston Vantage, and she would love that too! Does look great in white but not sure if its for me, not bad with the spanners but just not too good with the sponge - at least not on a daily driver!!

but I'm concerned that stop/starting a cold diesel engine is not good - especially with DPF?

Hi,

the stop and start isn't enabled until the engine gets warm and I bet it won't deliberately interrupt a DPF regen: it also checks the battery charge and isn't enabled under a certain threshold.