Which Columbus Version?

I've just got myself a 2008 Superb Elegance and I'm interested in upgrading the firmware.

I've tried holding down the setup button however this only gives me FM, AM and DAB options (although presumably there is no DAB installed).

Can anyone suggest what version I have (or an alternate way to find out)?

I have the maps DVD although would obviously like to update this also.

Also a couple of additional questions...

1) will an upgraded firmware mean SDHC can be used (yes is my guess)

2) will an upgraded firmware mean the Bluetooth work with my HTC one mini (no is my guess)

If your columbus is working correctly dont upgrade the system.

About question 1 yes it wil accept 32GB cards

Question 2 you need to upgrade your premium bluetooth module under the passenger seat. You proparly have a B model(HT-2) and you need al least a C model, thats what i did(using a htc one)

Take the Columbus out and have a look at the white sticker.

You want the part number starting 3T0 035... And whether there is a suffix letter.

That will clarify whether it does have DAB or not (or look for a black connector on the back).

Get the SW & HW versions off the sticker while you are there.

Of all the people I've helped with Columbus firmware updates only one has had any issues. And none have bricked their unit.

But it is possible I guess.

Phone compatibility is down to the BT module not the Columbus. Look under the driver's seat for that module part number.

• Like 1

Remove fascia (pulls off but might need trim tool).

Undo four torx screws.

Slide head unit forwards.

I'm sure you'll find a thread with pictures somewhere on here.

it sounds like the OP has an original 3T0 unit with very old firmware judging by the options that pop up when holding the setup button.

The unit does not have DAB, as you'll discover if you selected that DAB option and nothing on the menu displays anything.

20141007_144927_zpssilmtqua.jpg

Can I just add onto this ?

Removed my unit and this is the label, searches suggested best firmware would be 4020 so downloaded that and a copy of v9 maps which I bought some months back

Is this the right firmware?

vcds says my unit is a (B) although that's not on the sticker