Why does the Bolero radio come on by itself?

dutyhog

The Bolero radio comes on by itself quite often when the car is parked at home or elsewhere, at random times of the day. It happened twice yesterday - each time I came back to the car it was playing music from the SD card. And it seems to turn up the volume as well.  

Is there anything I can do to stop this?  Maybe removing the SD card when I leave the car?  I don't see anything in the book about it nor any setting that seems the deal with it.

Gordon 
Edited by dutyhog

I know that my radio will start playing the sd card as soon as the card is inserted, even if the radio is off.

I've heard people suggest that the temperature can cause the card to warp slightly and disconnect form the stereo, then cool down and reconnect, hence it starts playing.

However, I never remove my sd card, and have never noticed it playing on its own

I've heard people suggest that the temperature can cause the card to warp slightly and disconnect form the stereo, then cool down and reconnect, hence it starts playing.

This seems like a likely culprit.  Either through expansion as suggested or through the SD card and SD card slot not being a perfect fit.

Or a ghost...

Cheers

Rog

This seems like a likely culprit.  Either through expansion as suggested or through the SD card and SD card slot not being a perfect fit.

Thanks sdenny and Rog, that seems quite likely.  I'll keep the card slightly pulled out when I don't want it, see how that goes, and report back to the forum.

Gordon

• Like 1