1.6 tdi random oil pressure warning light

hey all, my missus has had an oil pressure warning light flip up on the dash for literally 10 seconds twice this week, both at similar distance on her daily drive and the oils have been checked regularly and no issues there. took to my mechanic friend who offered to replace the sensor, issue is I have warranty with dealer I bought from who's 70 odd miles away and don't wana lose my warranty

anyone else experienced this? so far ive heard

1. could be the crank on way out.

2. oil pressure switch could be playing up (just change)

3. breather pipe is blocked.

help is much appreciated

ta!

Hi greeny, doubt the crankshaft bearings are on their way out. But need a bit more info really. What year? What mileage on the clock? Regularly serviced at dealer? What oil is being used? Do you use if for long or just short runs? 

It could be the oil pressure sensor, that's my first thought! 

Edited by Estate Man

2011 1.6 tdi 105 bhp nearly 50k, serviced every 10k (normally between 6-8months) with all genuine parts from tps and Castrol oil used. serviced by my trusted mechanic (not skoda as they are expensive!)