Halo Rings

Has anyone retro fitted Halo Rings? I.E, universal ones? i want to put them on my monte. but i don't know the diameter of the ring, i want to put it on the main headlight ring. but i don't want to take the headlights out to check as to do that the whole bumper has to come off, and i don't really wish to do that. 

i have a feeling that might be 80mm diameter? I'm not sure. 

anyone done this? or got any ideas? 

Not that I've seen mate.

Although im sure you wont be afraid to be the first to try it haha

of course not mate haha! someone has to be the first! 

i know on the mk1 it can be done, but then you can just buy new headlight units. 

but on the mk2s i haven't seen anything. 

I like this idea.

Watch the cars infront spread apart. Ideal.

It would be pretty awesome wouldn't it? Priceless to see the look on people's faces as you flick on the fake blues I'd imagine. Highly illegal tho and I wouldn't fancy getting busted for it!

• Like 1

I used to have white strobes on the front of my mk4 Astra, it was a rally course car so they were for off road use. One day the dog flicked them on and I didn't notice, cars just parted in front of me and I didn't even click then. It was only when I got to the garage that they told me lol

The red behind the grill looks really mean, a good mod imo and as you have said before you only use the leds when off road at shows etc so good on you Jay. I'm going to follow this thread and hope you take the plunge on halos.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It would be pretty awesome wouldn't it? Priceless to see the look on people's faces as you flick on the fake blues I'd imagine. Highly illegal tho and I wouldn't fancy getting busted for it!

Shame its illegal really.

Yanno when you catch somebody doing something naughty, like drifting around a roundabout, going through a no entry, stuff like that.

Id like to have them just so i could come up behind these people and make them stain there seat!

• Like 1

Shame its illegal really.

Yanno when you catch somebody doing something naughty, like drifting around a roundabout, going through a no entry, stuff like that.

Id like to have them just so i could come up behind these people and make them stain there seat!

Would be great for on the motorway when that complete tool is up your rear bumper then roars past as you move over. Whack on the blues and give him a tug then watch him cack himself lol

• Like 2

I only ask because, yes! i have been at it again, more LEDs. But they are in the grill. and i think if i was to have RED halo rings then the car would look so evil! 

2014-10-09184138_zps5da403b7.jpg

Also commenting for an update on the halos...always liked the look of them so pretty keen to see any progress :)

mee to , looking foward to how it turns out!

I only ask because, yes! i have been at it again, more LEDs. But they are in the grill. and i think if i was to have RED halo rings then the car would look so evil! 

2014-10-09184138_zps5da403b7.jpg

Looks like a Haloween lantern, be great for driving around trick or treating.

Good on you for having a go at mods but it's not my cup of tea, LED headlights yes but 70s disco neon lights behind the grille, no.

• Like 1

Looks like a Haloween lantern, be great for driving around trick or treating.

Good on you for having a go at mods but it's not my cup of tea, LED headlights yes but 70s disco neon lights behind the grille, no.

They are warning lights to indicate that the vehicle is a mobile virgin-conversion unit currently in use...

• Like 3

• 2 months later...