Octavia VRS - CD changer and Aux input strange set up

I have recently swapped my 07 Elegance for an 07 vRS. The vRS has an aux input in the arm rest and Cd changer in the boot.

The head unit in the vRS seems lower spec than in the elegance. When pressing "CD" it doesn't cycle between Cd changer and Aux, it just beeps and says NO CD. I have read the manual and pressed buttons for hours to no avail.

I have come to the conclusion the škoda head unit I have currently isn't compatible with the cd changer and aux. This seems strange because why would they put the Cd changer in the boot if you can't use it? Unless previous keeper changed the head?

Has anyone one else experienced this at all? I wonder if changing the head unit to the same one I had in my elegance would enable me to use the aux and cd changer?

The model is "Dance". I've gone through settings and there is no option re Aux. The rear washer does work, it was repaired in January, had a new motor according to an invoice I have.

The car should have come with a stream mp3 HU. Do you have a code for the stereo?

By washer I meant does the water come out at a good pressure and does it come out quickly when you push the stalk?

The pipe to the washer has a joint right where they connectors for the rear electrics and CD changer are, so if the joint leaks it goes all over the electrical connections.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It does. I think you've hit the nail on the head. I will get the head unit replaced for a Stream HU and see if this fixes things.

Anyone know if the "Dance" HU is a lower spec unit?

The original HU is paired to the car, so code required. If you have a code then its not original.

I think there are a couple of stream mp3 units for sale on here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk