Amudsen Bluetooth - Can't find the answer in forums

Hi all - about to buy a 2011 Scout and from what I can see it doesn't have Bluetooth prep - all that happens is radio mute on phone button.

I have read on the forum that bluetooth simply needs to be enabled and mic bought and installed but I am a little confused (easily done!)

I assume that the stereo in this car (says amudsen not amudsen+) (please correct me)

• this will be the RNS 310 (amudsen) rather than the 315 (amudsen+) - I read somewhere that after facelift all were Amudsen not Amudsen+??
  • If it's the Amudsen (310) This will need an additional BT Module fitted rather than just enabled and mic fitted.

Please excuse me and point me in the right direction if this is answered comprehensively anywhere, I have tried to find the relevant topic but the info seems contradictory (some say BT box ith 310 under seat, some say no need etc)

Looking forward to getting my 1st skoda and I'd love to know what to "demand" from the dealer regarding this b4 I buy.

Thanks in advance.

I wrote the BT amunsden plus install guide. The one in the Blackline is the plus version and has the BT module disabled and is easily turned in in VCDS.

If your headunit does not have the internal BT module then you will need a wiring loom and kit that sits under the drivers seat.

Do a search on the forum as there is a way of telling from the headunit stickers but you have to remove the headunit to look.

Thanks, been quoted 300 for genuine vw unit as nd fit. Does this sound about right? Or anyone know of good fitters in N Wales? I'm inept with a screwdriver...or trim tool!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Not sure if you got this sorted, btu here's my 2p...

My 61 playe Octavia came with Amundsen, and I have seen 12 plates with Amundsen+ units, so I think the changeover was there...

The Amundsen units require a separate bluetooth module to be installed under the passenger seat and a wiring loom adding. The parts for this alone put me off doing this. £250+

I sold my Amundsen unit on ebay and bought an Amundsen+. Sold for £200, bought for £350. Then get a mic (again, ebay, about £30 i think). There was a useful thread on here for installing the mic. Was pretty much spot on. The Amundsen+ also has maps on the built in hard drive, as opposed to CD or SD card on the standard Amundsen. Well worth upgrading.

P