GroupBuy? Tyrolsport Deadset Subframe Kit...

Right guys, not sure how many people are aware of these kits, but long story short I have been speaking to Michael from Tyrolsport in the U.S and have agreed some prices in principal, with a potential group buy.

First, a bit about the kit.

Tyrolsport Deadset Subframe Collar Kit

You can finally eliminate the subframe clunk that VW/Audi was never able to resolve. The OEM TSB “fix” does not address the root cause of the clunk because it reuses the OEM hardware. It’s not long before the clunk returns.

The failure of the OEM bolts is one of the primary causes of the subframe clunk, and they must be replaced. We have worked with world renowned fastener company ARP to develop custom hardware for this application. The bolts meet National Aerospace Standard for tensile strength yet mimic the oem hardware in shear.They are then nitrided for increased durability.

Our collars are machined out of 954 Billet Bronze Alloy for the ultimate in strength and corrosion resistance. It is the combination of this hardware which makes our kit so successful at solving the problem. Finally, a solution that works, is easy to install, and won’t break the bank!

67c327e9b25e1faab4e3f46fc7d3a3d0.jpg9e8ab1880032d4537d97763bb7cfc505.jpg

http://www.tyrolsport.com/product_inst/TyrolSport%20DeadSet%20Installation%20Instruction.pdf

This is a guideline on price, $ ammount will remain the same, but please allow for fluctuations in currency exchange rates.

Cost of ordering a single kit from Tyrolsport

$209.99 - £130.65 individual list price

$40 - £25 Shipping to U.K per kit

Total cost each = £155.65

Agreed discounts with Tyrolsport

5 kits @ 15% = $178.50 - £111.10 +£49.78 shipping = £10 each

£5 postage to U.K per kit

Total cost each = £126.10

10 kits @ 20% = $168 - £104.54 +£62.22 shipping = £6.22 each

£5 postage to U.K per kit

Total cost each = £115.76

I would love to say "Michael, we have 15 buyers, can we get a bigger discount. We will cross that bridge if we get there. But even at 5 the saving is good, particularly if, like me, you have had the subframe issue, and have seen the kit before.

This topic is mainly to seek out any interest, but also allow discussion, or even better, reviews from Octavia owners on here who have this fitted already.

Many thanks guys,

Dale. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say I've ever noticed this issue. Does it affect the pre-facelift vRS 2.0 TFSI? What does this noise sound like and when does it happen?

Sorry for the questions; just interested as if this is a known issue, it may be worth me taking preventative measures.

I can't say I've ever noticed this issue. Does it affect the pre-facelift vRS 2.0 TFSI? What does this noise sound like and when does it happen?

Sorry for the questions; just interested as if this is a known issue, it may be worth me taking preventative measures.

Normally manifests as a clunk or knock on slow turns, or particulary dropping down kerbs. Mine also does it when changing direction quickly round roundabouts etc.

It is basically the subframe, fitted to all mk2 octavias, shifting under load.

Hmmmm........

I have noticed over the last year a knocking sound when going around a sharp right-hand bend in to my street. I assumed it was my CV joint so replaced both as a precaution; this did not fix the problem. It appears to come from the left-hand side of my car.

Beginning to wonder if this is the issue, as all of my suspension has been changed (even wishbones) and I still get this noise.................

Hmmmm........

I have noticed over the last year a knocking sound when going around a sharp right-hand bend in to my street. I assumed it was my CV joint so replaced both as a precaution; this did not fix the problem. It appears to come from the left-hand side of my car.

Beginning to wonder if this is the issue, as all of my suspension has been changed (even wishbones) and I still get this noise.................

Sounds just like mine, when turning 90 degrees into my driveway at slow speed I cross quite a harsh 'lip' in the road and I always get a knock/clunk off the front right yet suspension wise all checks out...I had started to think it was the steering rack but perhaps these bolts are what I need as recently on a 4 wheel alignment set up it was noted that the front subframe was ever so slightly off.

Guys the problems you are having are exactly what the kit is designed to rectify.

So provisionally that's three of us interested.

Edited by Turbobell

Do the above prices allow for import duty and VAT?

I think I heard a clunk when coming down off a kerb last week, but thought it may be due to the newly fitted RARB

Will have as listen out now. 

Any idea how long it takes to fit if i were to take to a mech?

I have a clunk!!! I have replaced nearly everything and can't find the culprit...could this be it? It only happens at slow speed or if I am stationary and wiggle the steering wheel I get a knock/clunk...I am definitely interested if my symptoms sound the same

Do the above prices allow for import duty and VAT?

I think I heard a clunk when coming down off a kerb last week, but thought it may be due to the newly fitted RARB

Will have as listen out now.

Any idea how long it takes to fit if i were to take to a mech?

I would like to presume so, but will find out. There's a fitting guide on tyrolsports site, probably 1 hours labour

I have a clunk!!! I have replaced nearly everything and can't find the culprit...could this be it? It only happens at slow speed or if I am stationary and wiggle the steering wheel I get a knock/clunk...I am definitely interested if my symptoms sound the same

I have the same clunk but only when I wiggle the steering got it diagnosed to a lower ball joint :/

• Like 1

The beauty of these would be once aligned and torqued, the subframe shouldn't move. But if you need to disturb it for other maintenence the bolts can be reused [emoji106] will get the ball rolling on this asap

Is that a guess, or do you know it returns even after using that ECS kit?

As I understand it the bolts used are not the standard ones. Or are you saying even with those bolts it still happens (I don't know. Just found those when looking for bolts to do my front anti roll bar and shocks). 

• 3 weeks later...

The beauty of these would be once aligned and torqued, the subframe shouldn't move. But if you need to disturb it for other maintenence the bolts can be reused [emoji106] will get the ball rolling on this asap

Any progress ?

Scott