Fitting Citigo roof bars.

snapseller

Any advice on fitting Citigo roof bars? I find the fitting instructions, like other Skoda manuals, fairly impenetrable. At my first attempt at fitting I gave up because I could not see how it was going to fit. Failing all else I'll return for help to the dealer. I did not have them fitted because I thought, as with previous roof bars that they could just be fitted & removed as required -  now I wonder . . . Thanks.

PS Do the coded bolts have captive nuts, or can they come off & disappear?

Edited by snapseller

• 2 weeks later...

Finally discovered how they fit, but fairly useless for the purpose I bought them. I thought I was getting a set of bars that - like others I have had - could be fitted in ten minutes when required & taken off again equally quickly. Not the Skoda ones tho'; endless fiddling & tightening/loosening to get them to fit 'just so'. Is this over-engineering a simple component a VW thing?

Tim,

These are the Skoda roof bars & when I bought them I explained to the salesman that I did not want them fitted because I wanted to fit them only when required. He didn't tell me how long it takes to fit/remove them. Dennis.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have Thule bars, the front ones have pegs to locate when front doors opened.

The rear ones do not have pegs and have to be measured so that they are equal distance from front ones .

They are more aerodynamic than Skoda version and very quiet, mine are the aero models